第三天

TW Warning: mentions of blood

Your eyes shoot right up again.

Did you...did you just get whiplashed in your own dream? And with flower petals as well? That wasn't what you were mainly pondering, you wondered why you appeared in the same headspace as before. Everything was the same as the first encounter you had with the girl.

Was it fate? Destined? Now that's just fucking bullshit. You never believed in any of those.

You remembered each tree that was there, you took an optional floriography class. There's really nothing much to say, you're just lost for words. And maybe emotions as well. Why is it so hard to understand your own feelings? You're failing at life already, there's no need to fail another fucking thing. A wave of self-consciousness starts hitting you, yet you were still too drained to react anymore.

You hastily walk out of the room and into the halls. But before you could react any further, your foot immediately slams onto the glass shards on the floor.

Your eyes widen as the feeling of pain starts going through your system and you quickly hop back a few inches to bring yourself back to reality. The immense pain was surging through your mind as you limped to the bathroom, all while holding your foot.

Unbalanced, you fell. Your clumsy ass tumbled hard onto the bathroom tiles but nonetheless you shakily got up to sit on the toilet seat. The pain was unbearable, what's worse is some of the shards are stuck inside your foot. Holding back tears, you grab your shabby first-aid kit and fumble around the bandages.

Your heart was racing. Your hands were shaking. You were sweating.

Why must this happen? Well, you guess it's your own fault for not bothering to clean up the glass, so your consequences finally rushed up to you.

With deep breaths,  you pull the first shard of glass from your foot. Your eyes teared up as you let out an agonizing scream, nearly dropping the tweezers. With more shaky breaths, you pulled through and managed to pull out the rest of the larger broken glass from your foot. Cries of pain echoed through your apartment as you suffered from your repercussions.

The pain was just too much for you. For anyone.

Blood dripped onto the floor and the sink looked massacred from the bloody tweezers trying to dig further into your flesh to get the remaining shards that were unfortunately sunken deeper. Your hand was all bloody too, shaking so badly you couldn't do anything anymore.

Deep breaths turned into shaky and messy ones, your sweat turned cold immediately, your heart was palpitating so fast it was overwhelming, and your face was covered with streams of nonstop tears.

You sat there for a few more minutes, regaining what little strength you had left. With a defeated sigh, you shut your eyes as you quickly dabbed the disinfectant onto your bloodied foot, carefully washed of course.

It stung like a thousand thorns, the pain sizzled more as your nerves went off. You could've just stopped, but you didn't want infections to settle in. A nuisance to deal with, you thought.

Throwing the bloodied cotton swabs away onto the floor, you slowly bandage up your foot. A poor job but nonetheless it covered all the injuries, your vision kept turning black the entire time as you tried to fix your leg.

It felt better of course, you threw your head back in a heavy sigh as you tried to recollect yourself. The ceiling light stared back as you continued to watch the bulb dangle from the slight wind.