He sighed in relief, "Okay."

He pressed a slow and tender kiss against my forehead, and although I was trying to act a little tough, my heart softened.

"I'll see you soon. Eliza is here if you need anything," he gestured upstairs, telling me she was probably in one of the guest bedrooms.

I watched him as he walked away.

Over the few days in Bulgaria, he opened up to me. Shared his past with me. Told me stories about when he was a kid. He let himself be vulnerable around me. 

He showed me the humane parts of him. And fuck, did it do something to my heart. 

Especially when he fucked me until sunrise in the hot tub.

-------

I looked myself up and down in the mirror. Tiny black dress, with black heels that were nearly hard to walk in.

The sky was dark now, and the sound of the front door opening and closing told me Ezra was only coming home now. 

After being with this girl. 

I used lipgloss to swipe my lips before grabbing a pair of silver hoops. Through the mirror, I saw him enter the room, "Lilac-"

His sentence instantly stopped as he stared at me, looking me up and down. 

"Why are you dressed like that?" he dropped his bag to the ground and questioned. 

I didn't answer him right away, putting the back of my earring on. I gave myself one last look up and down, satisfied with my appearance. 

"I told you, I have plans," I picked up my purse. 

I couldn't even take a single step toward the door before Ezra blocked my way completely. I let out a sigh and rolled my eyes, "Are you going to keep doing this all day?"

"What plans," he repeated his question from earlier.

I stared innocently at him, "Just with a friend."

"What friend?"

"He's not important. Now get out of my way, I'm not asking for your permission," I crossed my arms in an attempt to seem more serious.

Ezra's jaw clenched, "Your friend like the color red? Cause he's about to be stained in it."

"How dramatic you are," a smile slowly spread across my face.

As wrong as it may be, I loved seeing him jealous. Protective. Possessive. But what I loved more, was doing the same thing to him, that he did to me earlier.

He leaned closer to my face, grabbing my left hand in his. He whispered, "I see you're still wearing the ring."

"Matched my outfit," I matched his tone of voice.

His lips tugged up in a smirk.

"Come with me. This guy can eat shit," his breath hit my lips. "Or his own heart if I ever get the chance to carve it out of his chest."

There wasn't a guy; I was just going to go get a drink alone. Ezra's eyes scan over my dress as he waits for my answer, his eyes lingering on my chest for a few moments too long, making me use my finger to make his eyes look at me. 

"Okay," I agreed.

"You look beautiful," he remained where he was, fixating his eyes on mine. 

The corners of my mouth slowly turned up, "Do I?"

"Always," he nearly whispered.

He didn't even wait for my response before placing a slow and gentle kiss against my lips.