Chapter Eight (Part II)

Ok guys, this is the final part.

Are you guys ready to find out who killed the principal?

Finale (part II)
     The school cleaner gripped her bag and entered the admin building. She was about to go to her room in the teacher's quarters when she saw the light of the principal's office on.  She turned on her flashlight and walked to his office.

   She knocked on his door and he opened it himself only to see her.

   "What are you doing here? Come back tomorrow please." He dismissed her and was about to walk into his office when she stopped him.

   "I just want to tell you something. It'll be quick." She said, holding her bag tightly. The principal sighed and stepped out of his office. He walked to the waiting room which was beside his office. The room was used only when parents came to see him.

   "Be fast. I have things to do." He said impatiently. He knew that Gabby might come soon so he didn't want to waste time with the cleaner.

   "I'm tired of keeping the secret. My son is suffering because of it." She said and the principal hissed.

   "You must be out of your mind." He spat.

   "He's your son. Why do you treat him like an outsider?" She cried and he rolled his eyes.

   "Keep your voice down, will you?" He snarled, hoping that no one heard them.

   Unfortunately for him, the three friends froze in front of the closed door of the waiting room. They looked at each other in shock as the news shook their senses. Gabby was the first to snap back to reality. She tugged her friends' hands and they rushed to the principal's office.

   "This is perfect. Let's find the papers before he comes back." She whispered and they began to search for the papers on the table. 

    "His briefcase is locked." Brume said. Nini quickly found a bunch of keys in the drawer and started trying them on the cupboard. Luck was on their side as the lock opened with the right key.

   "Oya oya." Nini said hurriedly. Gabby and Brume rushed to her side and began to grab one of every subject. Gabby took out her phone in her bra and gave it to Nini as she folded the papers into her bra.

    "Let's just grab it and go. When we reach downstairs, we'll start hiding it abeg." Brume suggested. Her voice shook in fear. Their hearts pounded hundred miles per second as they all ran out of the office.

   "Please, do not come to my office again if this is what you are going to say." The principal said, walking out of the waiting room. The girl's thanked their stars as they were already halfway down the stairs when they heard the door open.

   "Uche, I'm going to tell everyone the truth. My son can't live his life labeled as the cleaner's son." The woman said, bounding after him. The principal turned around angrily and glared at her.

   "Then you change your profession. If you say anything to anyone, I'll deal with you." The principal spat.

   "He is the principal's son. That's what I'm going to tell everyone. Uche is it too much to ask? I'm not asking you to marry me or anything. We established that one a long time ago." She cried and Mr Uche scoffed.

   "I gave you a job, I gave that boy scholarship, what more do you want? Listen very well, if you say a word to anybody I'm going to ruin your life and your bastard son's." He spat.

   "Bastard..? Uche, you have crossed the line. Try and stop me." She said, turning around to leave. The principal's eyes widened in alarm and dragged her back, slamming her against a window. She cried out at the impact as some of the shards of the broken glass pierced her back.