Seventy-Four-You Save Me, I Save You 21.5

Start from the beginning

We rise to cut the cake

We rise to cut the cake.  There are so many towers surrounding us.  Tris said she wanted the caramel cake with vanilla buttercream.  I thought that sounded good so we're cutting that.  All the towers are covered in a black fondant with all sorts of geometric patterns and flower shapes protruding.  She actually picks off a candy flower and eats it.  Everyone chuckles that's watching. 
"These are good," she tells me. 
I laugh lightly at my bride. 
"I love you, baby," I tell her kissing her again. 
"I love you, too," she replies. 
We grab the knife together and slice the cake, plating the small piece for her.  We cut another slice substantially bigger for me and Tris is chuckling.  I'm laughing, too.  It's bigger than the plate.  She tries to hand me my enormous slice and the faction is cracking up.  I hear Uriah shout that he wants one of those.  Tris almost drops the cake laughing so hard.  I help her steady the plate since it almost ended up on her dress.  I take my piece and she takes hers.  We feed each other sweetly and she leans in for another kiss. 
"Good choice," I tell her. 
"Thank you," she says stealing another flower. 
The crowd is still laughing. 
We take our seats and the cake is served for everyone else.  I kiss her once more.
As we finish our cake, I overestimated how much I could actually eat. She helps me out and takes a few more bites from mine.

Elvis Presley—'Can't Help Falling In Love'

I lead her out to the Pit and we dance together with the entire faction watching. It's not the typical Dauntless song but it's close enough. She's become so skilled and I love that she knows exactly what to do.  She keeps in step with me. She's incredible and I knew just from her actions... I was the one who chose this song... because it's exactly how I felt that day. Nothing else mattered but her, saving her and having her as mine. I would do anything for her. I still feel that way.
We dance another song and the faction joins us. Afterward, we talk and socialize.  I hadn't realized she's not a drinker so I only have a beer or two.  I introduce her to my friends and I get to know hers better than just as my former initiates.  I meet her co-workers and they're in awe of what she'd done.  I think her office is the fan base as Jude put it.  Jax—our head of security and her boss—shakes my hand and hugs her gently.  I left orders for no one to enter her hospital room.  I hadn't realized I blocked him from coming.  I kind of feel bad now but I kept her safe. 
The time comes for the bouquet toss and Christina has to explain it to Tris.  She nods and goes to the center of the dance floor.  She holds up her bouquet and all the single ladies come running. 
"Hey, man," Ryan says patting my shoulder.  "I was wrong about her," he admits.  "I'm so confused."
"Me, too," I admit. 
"She really is something special.  I didn't know all of it.  I thought she just was in the wrong place.  I saw the footage.  She actually jumped in the way—intentionally.  She knew what he was going to do and she saved you," he says shaking his head. 
I smile at him. 
"Hey, check it out.  All of these ladies are looking for a nice guy.  Remember that.  There are some here," I tell him.  He nods and I pat his back roughly. 
I see some girl that's maybe a year or two older than me catch it.  She holds it up victoriously.  I've never noticed her before but in the sea of Dauntless, everyone blends in.
I pull a chair to the center of the dance floor as it clears out.  I motion for my bride to sit down.  I double checked with Christina.  She's wearing it. 
"What are we doing?" she asks me grinning. 
"The next tradition," I smirk. 
She kisses me and sits in the chair. I walk around her playfully. I step away as they play some music. I stride up to her and she bites her lip. I can tell she has no idea what I'm about to do in front of the whole faction. I bend down in front of her and slide her cute little ballet shoes off. I set them aside and she raises an eyebrow.
"We are not about to do something dirty in front of everyone, are we?" she asks nervously.
"It depends on your definition of dirty," I say teasingly grinning.
She gives me a skeptical look. I slide my arm up her leg. She squeals in surprise. "Nope not that one," I chuckle. I try the other leg. "Oh," I smirk. "I think I've found it."
"What are you going to do?" she asks scoldingly.
"Should I use my teeth?" I ask the crowd.
They shout their approval. She blushes and covers her face. I lift her skirt and climb under on a search. I make her jolt several times messing around before I grab her garter with my teeth. I slowly slide it from her leg.
I surface and everyone cheers. I slip her shoes back on and she straightens my hair. We rise together but she's blushing and laughing. Yeah, I embarrassed her but the faction is still cheering. The chair is taken away and Tris stands with Christina holding her cheeks. The crowd fills in with single guys. I see Ryan go out there and several people notice. They're kind of afraid, especially since he's carrying. I decide after everyone is waiting to aim it right for him. I toss it in his direction and he reaches for it. He's laughing and nobody is challenging him even though he's offering.
The chair is brought back out and the girl who caught the bouquet comes and sits down. I quickly walk over to Ryan.
"Be a gentleman. She's not your wife," I remind him.
"But the faction expects me..." he starts.
"Do you want more false gossip, or do you actually want someone," I interrupt.
He purses his lips and nods.
"Treat her like a lady. If you get married, then you can do what I did," I tease him.
He nods in understanding. I stand back with my bride and watch as Ryan takes her hand and kisses the back of it.
"Oh, he's smooth," some guy behind me comments.
He bends down and removes her heel. She's biting her lip and I think she likes him. He bends down and slides the garter up just past her knee.
"Classy," someone says.
Everyone cheers as he replaces her shoe and helps her up. It looks like he asks for a dance as the music starts up again. And she nods.
"I'm proud of him," I say.
"I want a dance, too," Tris tells me.
"Anytime, sweetheart," I reply.
We dance together and we pass by Ryan. He's talking with her and she laughs. Yeah, he might just get a date.
We dance the night away and I take my bride home. I carry her through the hallway again in her gargantuan dress.
"How'd I do?" she asks.
"You definitely filled the part," I smirk.
I unlock my door and I realize this is our home. That thought pleases me.
"We're home," I announce as I set her down again.
She smiles at me. I shut and lock the door. I put the extra bar on it since Four is roaming free through Dauntless. We had all exits blocked with guards who checked every face.
She slides her arms around my shoulders. I surrender my attention to her. She rises on her toes and kisses me. I pick her up once more and she squeals in surprise. I carry her back to the bedroom. I lay her down and climb on top.
"I love you, Stiff," I whisper.
She giggles as I kiss her neck.
"I love you, too," she smiles kissing me.