#13

MEND MY SOUL #13
NOMTHANDAZO
My neck still hurts from the choking yesterday from Lungelo, I thought he would kill me. He disappeared for hours last night, he only came back this morning and he was a mess. I don't know where he went but I bet he was out there cheating again. Honestly, this marriage is starting to drain me. And I don't know whether divorcing him will be a good idea, we have children and believe it or not but I love him. He also has issues that he needs to deal with, I'm not going to betray our vows. When we said "for better, for worse" and "in sickness and in health" I really meant it. We are one, united by this marriage. If I turn my back on him, he can turn out to be worse.

I place his breakfast on a tray and walk to our bedroom, the children have went to school.
I find him on the bed with a small piece of paper, he quickly puts it away before I can read it.
I sigh, and place the food on the mini table.
Nomtha:What is in that paper?
Lungelo:Uhh nothing.. It's just a slip.
Nomtha:mhh okay, I brought you food. Have you taken a bath?
Lungelo:Yes. Thank you.
He stood up to wash his hands and came back to eat. Meanwhile I was just looking at him, I want to bring up that topic but who knows what he will do to me this time? He needs help, I don't know why he won't admit.
He finished and I took the dishes to the kitchen and washed them. I went back to the bedroom and he was sleeping already. I sighed and went out to the living room. I opened the TV to catch up on the news while I clean around.
"BREAKING NEWS.  A YOUNG FEMALE AGED 21 WAS FOUND DEAD IN HER APARTMENT TODAY. SHE WAS BRUTALLY MURDERED, POLICE ARE STILL INVESTIGATING. BUT COULD IT BE THE SERIAL KILLER AGAIN? RESIDENTS ARE ADVISED TO NOT BE OUTSIDE DURING NIGHT-TIME AND TO LOCK THEIR HOUSES TO BE SAFE. IF YOU FEEL SOMEONE IS IN YOUR HOUSE, CALL THE POLICE FOR IMMEDIATE HELP. SERIAL KILLER IF  YOU ARE WATCHING THIS, PLEASE STOP. THIS IS THE APPROXIMATELY THE 23RD PERSON WHOSE LIFE YOU HAVE TAKEN. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE DID, BUT WE ARE AFRAID. HAVE MERCY ON US.

THIS IS LYDIA HOLLAND SIGNING OUT".

Being here is not safe now, the serial killer is finishing people. I'm even scared to go out, why is he/she doing this? How can a person just brutally kill a person like this?
My mood just dropped hearing this.
.
.
.
SIYAMTHANDA.
She slept over last night, I couldn't allow her to leave at the state she was in. No, we didn't do anything.
Her past is still traumatic for her and she hasn't healed, she really went through a lot. My heart broke last night when she was telling me her story, I just wish I can kill everyone who ever made her cry.

I think I love her now more than ever, I want to be with her at all costs. She is still sleeping, I had to give her some sleeping tablets. She was crying a lot and she couldn't sleep.
That gave me time to look into this number that's busy sending her messages. I can't have people harassing my future wife. I know the basics about computers and technology. Ask no questions and hear no lies.
I punch the number into my laptop and wait for a few minutes for the results to show the owner of it.
I'm surprised and shocked to see that the number belongs to Kukhanya Ndlovu. Maybe it's another Kukhanya, I pull up her information and her picture shows up. Ahh it's really her, but why would she be sending messages to Zola? Wait....She once said she doesn't get along with her mother, and Zola yesterday said she has a daughter. Could it be her? No it can't. This will just cause unnecessary drama, because the girl has serious attachment issues. I go to Zola and she was awake. I knelt on the bed and gave her a kiss.
Siya:Good morning.
Zola:Morning..
Siya:How did you sleep?
Zola:I slept well, those pills helped. How did you sleep?
Siya:I also slept well, I'm just tired and my hand feels so damn heavy.
She looked at me worried.
Zola:Siya what if you are really sleep walking?
Siya:I'm not.
Zola:But what if you are?
Siya:Baby I'm not sleep walking.
Zola:Okay fine.
She turned her back on me and covered herself with the blanket. I removed it and made her to face me.
Siya:We are not having our first fight mama. Okay, I will set up cameras then at night to see if I am really sleep walking. And if I am, I will get help.
Zola:*Sulking* You promise?
Siya:I promise.
Zola:Thank you.
Siya:So that number. It belongs to Kukhanya Ndlovu. Do you know her?
Zola:Yeah, she's my daughter.
I choked on my saliva and coughed so bad.
Zola:What's wrong? Are you okay?
Siya:I'm fine... She is your daughter?
Zola:Yes. Do you know her?
I looked at her wondering if I should tell her that I wanted to have a thing with her.
Siya:Yes, she is an intern at my company.
Zola:Ow, she did say she was an intern. I want to talk to her but she has been dismissing me ever since I came back. So I don't know why she's deleting the messages.
.
.
.
YOKUTHULA
Zola called me last night that she's going to spend a night with Siya, she also asked to be excused from work today. I hope that boy didn't sex her until she got paralyzed. But I am happy for her, she deserves some happiness. The things she has been through! She's the one who went through the most.
My past is nothing compared to hers. Sogingqa was released from jail 6 years ago, honestly I didn't think she would stay that long. Justice came through for me, which is weird in our country. Criminals are still roaming the streets freely, rapists are still walking free and the serial killer hasn't been caught yet. Kuningi nje!

Let me call my angel, she can brighten up my day.
I dial her numbers and she answers quickly like she was waiting for my call.
Khetho:Babe.
I smiled like an idiot.
Thula:My love, how are you?
Khetho:I am fine, how are you?
Thula:I'm fine. I miss you.
Khetho:I miss you too. When will I see you?
Thula:Don't you want to sleep over tonight?
Khetho:Aren't you still hosting your friend?
Thula:U Zola useyajola phela we baby. Akalalanga endlini izolo(Zola is now dating baby. She didn't sleep at home last night).
Khetho:*Laughing* Wow! She is dating?
Thula:Yep, but I threatened her boyfriend so I trust he will treat her well.
Khetho:Let me guess, "Ngizokubulala ngesagila"?
She said that and laughed out.
Thula:Kanti nginamanga yini? Ngiyomuqeda ngaso(Am I lying? I will finish him with it).
Khetho:*Laughing* God Thula please stop.
Thula:*Smiling*.. Okay...So will you come over?
Khetho:Yes I will come. You want to fetch me?
Thula:And have your father chase me with his gun again?
Khetho:*Laughing* You will park far from home.
Thula:That is much better. I'm scared of your father babe.
Khetho:He is just looking out for me. They have accepted our relationship, my mother talked with him.

Her parents weren't ecstatic about us dating, they said I was older than her. But I'm 36 and she's 31, I guess they were scared that she's dating. Pretty strict if you ask me, she said she never had a boyfriend before. I was her first in everything, her parents especially her father were watching her like a hawk. Ayy plus that man is scary, but man I wish parents can just let their children Live their lives so that they can get their own experience. Khetho is 31 but she's only starting now to have a boyfriend, she doesn't know most things. But ke, I'm glad I'm her first, I love her. I will marry her.
Thula:Okay babe... Tell me when you are ready then.
Khetho:Okay, I love you.
Thula:I love you too.
.
.
.
NOKUZOLA
Sleeping next to Siya last night was amazing. I'm falling hard for the guy, it scares me. I have never opened up to someone like I did to him yesterday, and honestly it felt good talking about my past. I have been carrying it inside me all these years, in prison you had to mask your pain and not be vulnerable or people would take advantage of you. There was no special treatment in that place, we were treated like animals and all of us there were in for murder. They placed us together on purpose. Many lives were lost in that place, I too almost took a life. I always heard people speaking about how you can finish your education inside prison, but I guess that didn't apply to the one I was in.

Sometimes I think it's an illegal prison because the things that went down in that place ayy! You see this scar across my cheek? I said I got it in a fight right? Not just an ordinary fight, there were prison fights organized in that place and we would fight each other to the death.
Weapons would be placed on the table and you had to choose one weapon, you only had 30 seconds to choose a weapon. I was still choosing a weapon when the bell ring, "Time's up. Fight!!", shouted the one who was parading around the battle field.
Still trying to grasp that, I felt something going in deep at the back of my thigh, I turned to look back and it was my opponent ; the person I was fighting. Now there were no rules in the fights, you were to use whatever you can and do whatever you want.
I tried to stop the bleeding but she was also here, red and ready to fight. I teared my shirt quickly and wrapped it slightly above where she stabbed me, as a tourniquet.
It was painful as hell but I had to be strong. She threw a punch at me and I staggered back seeing stars. I regained control and threw back the punch.

Other prisoners were the audience and they were cheering.

She got on top of me and punched me endlessly. She raised the knife with the aim of stabbing me to death.
I quickly pushed her and got on top of her. I gave her a few punches and her face was bloody, both our faces actually. Without me noticing, she took the knife and scratched it deep across my cheek.

She touched my arm and I quickly pinned her down and gave her a punch again. I put my hand around her arms and strangled her.
"Zola, it's me, Siya."
I quickly removed my hand from him and knelt in front of him.
Zola:I'm.. Sorry. It was a reflex. I'm sorry Siya...
.
.
To be continued....