#3

MEND MY SOUL
# 3

Kukhanya :But is she okay now?
Lindo:Yeah she is. She was just shaken up.
Kukhanya:Okay pass my regards to her.
Lindo:I will. Will I be seeing you tonight?
Kukhanya :Not today babe, but tomorrow I promise you.
Lindo:It's okay, I understand. I love you.
Kukhanya:I love you too.
She hung up smiling.
"You are attending personal calls during work hours", she quickly put her phone away and continued with her work.
Mr Nyathi , the boss of this place, expects everyone work and not slack off. He is a serious man, you can even get fired for going to the bathroom during work hours. Others label him as the "Cold Devil", others call him "Mr Uptight". Meanwhile she just sees a man who is focused on his work and goals, she kinds of look up to him. Though, he looks like the type that is harboring a lot of pain inside. He hardly smiles, like ever. He is always keeping a straight face, his eyes reflect a lot of pain and hurt. Others may not see it, but she knows he has a story.
"I'm sorry, Mr Nyathi it won't happen again.", she says looking down.
"It better not Ms Ndlovu. You are one of the best interns we have here, it would be sad to see you leave because you don't know how to behave at work", he said looking directly at her. She lifted her eyes and looked at him. Besides what people are saying, he is a handsome man. His lips are so thick and a bit dark though, he is that typical dark Zulu man. His chest isn't that buffed up but he still looks like a snack.
She clears her throat embarrassed that she just checked out her boss.
"Everything okay Ms Ndlovu?", he asks her, he noticed that she was starring.
"Uh... Yes.. Ess.. Everything is fine sir", she stuttered.
Siya raised his eyebrow at her. He told her to go back to work and he left for his office.

When he was out of sight, she sighed relieved . What was that? Was she checking him out?
She stands up and feels some moist from her underwear. She frowns and head to the bathroom. She lifts down her panty and it was indeed wet.
"You have got to be kidding me!", she exclaimed in disbelief.
She cleaned herself and went back to her work station before he could come back.
.
.
.
Nomtha:We should go to the mall and get you some clothes.
Nokuzola:Alright, when can we go?
Nomtha:We can go now.
Nokuzola:Right, let's leave then.
They went to the car and Nomtha drove them to the mall. Nokuzola was quiet all the way, her mind was stuck on Kukhanya. She tried talking to her this morning before she went to work but she dismissed her and said she was in a hurry. She is thinking of just rocking up at her workplace and talk to her, but that would be selfish. She sighs looking outside the window..
"We are here", Nomtha tells her.
They hop out of the car and go to clothing stores. Nomtha was the one picking clothes for her but her mind was somewhere else.
Nomtha:This will look good on you.
Nokuzola:Yeah..
Nomtha:Are you sure you are okay?
She nodded.
Nomtha:Is this about me and Lungelo?
Nokuzola:*Shrugging her shoulders* There's nothing I can do to change the situation. You are both adults, I just have to accept it..
Nomtha looked at her, did she really break the girl code? She knows going for Lungelo was a bad idea but she loves him, and he loves her too. Nokuzola just needs to calm down and grasp everything, the world wasn't going to stop moving because she was in prison.
Zola takes a Jean and looks at it.
"I like this one", she tells her.
.
.
.
Lungelo:She came back yesterday.
Yokuthula:&how did she take the news of you and Nomtha together?
Lungelo:Not too well, she looked hurt.
Yokuthula:Do you blame her?
Lungelo:I don't.
Yokuthula:You should have told her that you were moving on, instead you kept on lying to her when you visited her, which was almost 5 years ago. She has every right to be upset, imagine coming back to your friend married to your boyfriend..
Lungelo:Are we still talking about Zola or?
Yokuthula:Who else would we be talking about?
Lungelo:*Clearing his throat* I don't think you have forgiven me yet..
Yokuthula:What are you talking about? You mean when I found you in bed with my fiancee while she was pregnant? Or when you convinced her to do an abortion so that the two of you can have a happily ever after?
Lungelo:Thula....
Yokuthula:Or do you mean when you boasted in my face that you took my girl right under my nose? If that's what you mean then, yes I have not forgiven you. I don't think I ever will.
Lungelo:I thought since you are talking to me maybe you have forgiven me.
Yokuthula:You thought wrong. I don't even remember you apologizing.
Lungelo:I'm s..
Yokuthula:I don't want to hear your sorry. You can just leave me alone.
.
.
.
She opens the main door and carry the groceries inside. She places them on the table at the kitchen and starts unpacking, putting everything in its place.
She rinses a pot and pours luke warm water inside it, she drops a cup and a half of rice inside before turning on the stove.
She places the pot there and grabs her bag going to the bedroom. She picks up his clothes that were on the floor and throw them on the basket.