"Well, to be fair this is what I wanted to tell you," I said fiddling with the necklace Draco gave me hanging from my neck, "There is something very fishy going on with Snape and Draco, and I don't want to believe that what I think of it is true. I accidentally overheard both of them talking about something to do with Draco having an important job he has to carry out."

Harry looked at me with astonishment on his face, "Okay...What is all of this to you? Is something wrong?"

"Well, Snape said that I might get involved in all of this too..." I answered lowering my voice as much as I could, "You know what, never mind. Just know that happened and do whatever with that information. You are the only one to trust right now."

As I said that, we got to the Potion class door.

"Thanks, Y/N," Harry said going into the classroom to sit next to Hermione.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

It was already evening when I got to the common room of Slytherin, went upstairs to my dorm and changed into my pajamas, and went to bed. I tried to fall asleep but I couldn't because of the situation at hand, hence I decided to go downstairs. I don't know what made me go downstairs knowing full well that Draco was going to be there, but I had a feeling that he was the only one who could help me sleep at that moment.

I opened the door of the girls' dorm quietly and headed downstairs where I saw the familiar blonde sitting in front of the fireplace with the green flames dancing in it. He was enchanted by the flames like me at the beginning of the school year when we first started talking.

"Hey, stranger," I said half-heartedly sitting next to him, "Haven't talked to you in a while, although, I must be crazy for missing your annoying jokes."

"Oh, shut up, you know you like them," he smirked then looked at my chest, "I see you are wearing my present; you like it that much?"

"And what if I do?" I asked smirking crossing my hands.

Draco looked at me surprised with a little red tint on his cheeks. He was hoping to get a reaction out of me but what's the fun when you react how he wants? Then fixing his composure, his face got serious.

"I noticed that you didn't look good all day, something wrong?" Draco asked suddenly, "You know, you can just tell me anything."

"Nothing's wrong with me," I got defensive, "I just want to have a good night's sleep."

"Want me to help you with that?" Draco asked with a suggestive smirk.

"You disgust me," I answered sternly, "Put your arms up."

Draco looked at me with a pale face knowing what was coming, but surprisingly, he raised his arms and then pointed his head toward his legs as if inviting me to lay down on him, which I gratefully did. Suddenly, I jumped because I heard his stomach growl.

"You scared the living bloody shit out of me," I gasped which made him laugh. But then it all went quiet once he stopped laughing. Only the green flames' cackling was heard in the room. I looked up to take a look at him but saw his all-too-familiar cold facial expression. He was staring off in the distance trying to figure something out in his head. It made me want to ask everything that has come up so far: ask him about Snape, ask him if that night when he confessed was just for a façade. But I couldn't. If I did, I wouldn't like the answer. But then again, checking up on him wouldn't be half as bad, would it?

"Draco, is something wrong? You seem out of it lately," I asked concern filled in my voice.

Already knowing that his answer would be something along the lines of 'it's okay, there is nothing to be worried about' or 'leave me alone' I prepared myself to end the conversation right then and there. However, this time was different.

"Yeah, I'd say everything's wrong," Draco answered chuckling, "Y/N, there are so many things on my plate and I can't do anything about it."

"Then, tell me about it," I sighed, "You could at least tell me one thing to make yourself feel better. I'm worried, you know?"

Draco took a deep breath then looked at me with the same cold facial expression, "I can't tell you, I just can't."

"Well, if you can't tell me anything, then I will ask you questions about some things that I feel like are bothering you," I stated then took a deep breath, "Malfoy, why were you avoiding me for the rest of Christmas break? Do you have something to ask me?"

I felt Draco freeze up on the spot. He awkwardly shifted his gaze toward the green flames to avoid eye contact. He was taken aback, and it was clear that he didn't want to have a conversation about it.

"Why you put me on the spot there, didn't you, L/N," he suddenly chuckled relaxing his muscles, "Well, I did want to ask you about how you felt about me. You know, after what happened that night. I wanted to at least know if the girl I like felt the same about me, that's all. But then again, if you never told me how you felt, I would take it as a no and get rid of this stupid feeling," Draco explained calmly.

I haven't had him open up to me before, which was a relief. Finally, I got an answer to one thing that was bothering both of us. It felt good to see him finally being able to trust me, but it would take a long while for him to open up about the problem he has been facing since the start of the school year. From what I could tell, his feelings toward me were the least of his concerns; I knew that too well. But then, the follow-up question was: What was really going on?

My thread of thought was cut off when I heard Draco mumble.

Deciding not to ask him what he mumbled about and concentrate on the question he asked, I got straight to the point.

"I don't know about you getting rid of your feelings, Draco, but you have to be utterly stupid not to know that I like you too. If I didn't, I wouldn't wear this necklace, continue dancing with you, go to Hogsmeade to get butterbeer, or lay on your lap right now," I explained looking back at him to see him staring down at me too with blush all over his face.

Draco awkwardly laughed and put his hands on his head covering his eyes. I could feel he was smiling; I didn't blame him though; I was smiling too.

"What am I going to do with you?" Draco asked, "There is no going back, is there?"

"We'll figure out what you will do with me eventually," I answered, "But as of right now, you are stuck with me and I am stuck with you."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇