Chapter 1: Explosive Entry.

10/17/1638, ???, ???, somewhere in the Rodenius continent, 7:25 AM

Wearing a hat to protect himself from the scorching heat of the sun, the man with cat ears carefully looked around his boat’s net, seeing if there were anything caught in it. To his utter disappointment, there were none. The place was the farthest he could go before going into deeper and morw dangerous waters, where sea monsters would most likely eat him on the spot.

Sighing in disappointment, he let the net continue its job, clearly not expecting anything substantial to happen today, like every other in the past few weeks. Why aren’t there any fish lately? Had sea monsters scared them away? Impossible, no known sea monster would dare to go near the shores of Qua Toine nowadays, due to the presence of coastal guns and hunting ships.

He stood up, disappointed on how uneventful the past few days had been, and proceeded to place the fishing rod and rest while waiting for any kind of aquatic creature to be caught on the lure of his fishing rod. Checking the dark sea below his wooden ride, he stared at the deep darkness of the cold ocean.

Nothing interesting..

He looked back towards the long patch of land, stretching as far as the eye could see. The coastal town had a sizable industrial base, their factories creating black plumes of clouds that rose above the heavens. He swore he could smell the disgusting pollution the factories produced 24/7.

The black smoke also obscured the only thing that made the place bearable: the beautiful mountain kilometers away. The scenery was ruined, ever since massive engineering marvels flooded every aspect of Qua Toinian society years ago. Slowly, boredom welcomed the feeling of sleepiness, as his body began to rest. He closed his eyes, waiting for better days.

Then.. A sudden feeling.. A feeling he couldn’t understand, nor he could make up. No matter how much he tried to brush it off, the feeling stayed, and had made itself clear.

Uneasiness, as if he was being watched. The feeling where children walking at night in darkness had been completely accustomed to. He opened his eyes, trying to make sense of the origin of the uneasiness he was feeling. Looking around, he saw that no one was watching. Impossible. He was sure of it! Something, or someone was watching him.

If it wasn’t hear in the surface, maybe it was something in the air. Looking up, he scanned the blue and bright sky for anything that felt off. And, he spotted something. Something flying high up in the air. Curios, he tried rubbing his eyes, to see if he was just seeing things, but he was not, something was actually there high up in the sky.

“What in the Deities name?”

It was small, tiny, thanks to its distance from the ground. It was cruising at an impossible altitude that even any wyvern or plane he had seen in his lifetime could never reach. It looked like an arrowhead, charging through the air as if it was launched from a bow. Except, the thing was clearly moving beyond what a normal arrow could reach. Was it the thing that was watching him? If so, why? What is it? What does it want?

The flying arrowhead, which he thinks might be some sort of aircraft, continued on a straight line, leaving long white trails on a usually cloudless sky. The thing was fast, way too fast! Comparing it to the biplanes he was usually seeing back at his house, the arrowhead clearly outmatched it in all aspects. Was this owned by a superpower? No, impossible. Nothing lies beyond the eastern seas but a dangerous ocean! What if there was an island owned by one of the superpowers that was used to test its new weapons? Implausible! Their government who have told where it should at least be on the map!

The arrowhead became more describable. He stared closely at the flying object to analyze its features. It looked sleek, and long. It had two swept wings connected to its body, but they were placed closer to the back. It had a sharp nose, which was painted black. It lacked any propellers, indicating that it might be similar to one of those jet aircraft the superpowers have in their arsenal.