.:1:.

A/N: Wrote this instead of sleeping, so I apologize if anything looks weary despite being looked over twice.
Disclaimer: I do not own Hunter x Hunter or any character used except any possible OCs I may insert.

Any child would be delighted to be standing inside this rather dream-like building. Sweets of all kinds, each all beautifully and uniquely wrapped lined the walls and shelves. Alongside the treats there even was an area that featured toys of a wide variety. You would think your nose would be flooded by all the sweet smells, but it was quite the opposite of that. You would find yourself feeling warm and dare I say- hungry. Children of all ages would anxiously pull their parents inside in hopes that they would be graced with a delectable treat.

On a particularly warm afternoon, a child no older than 12, pulled his father inside the bright candy shop. His father huffed but didn't say anything as he followed the boy inside. His son, Gon, animatedly chatted about how he had heard about a bar of new chocolate that was to be released this year which was wrapped in a box that look like a robot that had a yellow body and was dressed in what appeared to be a green and blue shirt paired with red trim around it.

"Look I found it!" The boy exclaimed, running over to the shelf that should be holding the boxed chocolate robot. He would stop in his tracks when he saw that he was a little too late.

There was only one robot left.

A boy the same age as him, who had shaggy white hair was already picking up the candy robot when he saw it. The boy noticed out the corner of his eye how the other child stared with a small look of sadness.

"A little too late" The white-haired child teased, walking over to Gon and his father who was staring off into the direction of the cookie aisle."Do you want it?" He asked, a small cat-like grin coming out to play as he outstretched his hand to offer the chocolate robot to him.

Gon quickly nodded as his small hand reached out for the box, he would finally get to try out the chocolate that he had been hearing so much about. Just a little more.

His heart was shattered when the other boy quickly pulled back his hand.

"Hey! that wasn't nice!" The black-haired boy shouted, trying to reach out once more for the candy."I saw it first!"

"And I got here first" The smiling boy added, a couple of laughs escaping him.

"Now Killua, don't be mean. That's your fourth Chocorobo this week. I'm sure your mother wouldn't approve of you eating another so often" A strong but rather silky voice stated.

They all turned to see a tall older man with long light blonde hair standing behind the boy, Killua. Almost a little identical to Killua except he had an older face. The man was dressed in an expensive suit and wore a blank expression as he looked between the two.

"Whew! if it isn't Silva. You're a sight for sore eyes" Gon's father, Ging finally snapped out of his trance with the cookies."It's been a while"

The older man turned to Ging with a small frown."Ging, I didn't think I would see you again. Last I heard you fell into a cave while out and about. Playing father I see" He commented, rolling his eyes as he looked at the other man.

Ging forcibly laughed, not liking the way Silva took a jab at him with his words. Even if it was true."Hopefully, your family business is flourishing. Any big fishes?"

"That's none of your concern" He sharply said, his attention falling back to the younger boys."Killua, give the boy the chocolate. We'll get you some another time"

"That won't be necessary. I'll just buy my son chocolate in another place" He took Gon by the hand and began to turn them around.

"But dad..." Gon softly said, looking over his shoulder to Killua who was looking back at him.

"Hold on!"

Killua ran over to them and set the candy in the other's hand. "You owe me one" He grinned before turning on his heels and running back to his father who was waiting for him.

"Tsk," Ging said, rolling his eyes but this time not saying anything about the chocolate.

The black-haired child happily smiled, grasping the chocolate robot with care. He hoped that their paths would cross once more in the future. And the same could be said about Killua who watched as the father and son paid for the chocolate and made their way to the exit.

Possibly the stars were already aligned for them for they were to once again meet in the most unimaginable of ways.

Thanks for giving this story a shot. Please if you like and can leave a comment and give this chapter a star. Any and all feedback is highly appreciated. 🙂