"I'm good. I only go into time out once a day."

I chuckle at her response. "Well, that's too much, baby. You need to cut that number down to at least twice a week."

She pouts and pulls me into the restaurant without another word. A decorative waterfall, mounted to the wall, fills the place with the sound of rushing water. I keep my grip tight on Irelee so she won't go to make trouble. The hostess was a young redhead and she smiles at me, showing a shallow pair of dimples. She said her greeting in a flirtatious tone that I ignore.

"Reservation for LaRue, please. It should be a table for four."

She nods and checks her system before looking back at me. Her eyes travelled the entire length of my body before they found my eyes. "Right this way, Ms LaRue."

She led us to a table near the back. We were surrounded by windows and the fresh air was nice. I sat, and Irelee sat in the chair directly across from me. "A waiter will be right with you." The hostess says before disappearing again.

The waiter comes and brings our menu and a jar of water. A few minutes pass before Sierra and Grace join us. Grace sat down to my left with her mouth agape. Her fingers find Irelee's hair. "What have you done?" she looks at me with an accusing glare but I couldn't take it seriously. She looks ridiculous.

Irelee laughs. "I got a haircut. Do you like it? I look like a princess." She beams. "Do you like it?"

Grace nods haphazardly. I could see the shock on her face still. She fingers the length. "It's so short."

"It's not that short." I try to convince her.

"Well, I love it." Sierra joins the conversation and her approval makes Irelee perks up.

Lee stretches her hands towards Sierra. "I got your favourite colour."

Sierra puts their hands together, and the pink sparkles all over the place. Way too much pink if you ask me. "This is pretty. Gracie, take a picture for my Instagram." Grace rolls her eyes but still grabs Sierra's phone to take a picture. Sierra takes the phone and peers at it with Irelee's head against hers. They gawk at the photo. "I'm taking you to the salon with me every time." She says and Irelee's eyes light up with excitement.

"And we can get the same nails?"

Sierra nods. "Hmmm. If you want."

The waiter comes back to take our orders. Irelee orders a burger and fries. Sierra gets a salad which I know in my heart that she's not going to eat. Grace knows it too and orders chicken pasta with garlic bread, preparing to switch with her later. I order the same as her. Halfway through Sierra barely touches her meal like we forecasted. Grace and I watch her closely. Grace asked her three times already to exchange but she refuses, saying she was okay.

I know it was bullshit.

Seeing her frown for the millionth time after taking a bite, I put my fork down and slide my plate to her. Without warning, I take her salad and hand it to Grace. Grace looks at me confused. "What're you going to eat?"

I stole a fry from Irelee. "I'm fine. Don't let her touch that salad."

"I was fine." Sierra pouts taking a bite of the pasta and already I can tell she is able to tolerate it better.

Grace shoves her pasta to me. "I'll share with you."

From the affectionate look in her eyes, I know better than to oppose. I take the fork from her hand and eat. Every now and again I give her a forkful and she takes it with a smile. We get strange looks from the people in the restaurant but we ignore them. No one else matters anyways.