Epilogue

I posted this story nearly five years ago, when I was arguably still a kid. I based Raymond off of the 2004 style of Gerard Way, and I was obsessed with vampires. I was having a queer identity crisis.

Since then I've kind of seen this story as an embarrassment, something that I didn't expect to blow up the way it did. I feel like I need to give it, and you, some kind of closure.

I feel like I've come so far since five years ago in my writing that you all deserved a nice little epilogue. Hope you enjoy.

"Are you sure?"

Isaac giggled, the corners of his eyes crinkling. "Yes."

Raymond reached out and cupped Isaac's face in his freezing hands. "Love. Are you sure?"

"Ray." Issac leaned his forehead against Raymond's, and both of them closed their eyes. "I'm absolutely sure."

"I don't want to hurt you. It's going to be painful."

"It'll be worth it. I don't want to go through the pain of getting older, slowly dying while you stay the same. I can't think about it, babe."

It had been ten years since Isaac and Raymond had first met, and the two of them had since moved to a modest cottage outside of London. They were madly, deeply in love. They were married, not legally, but in every other sense of the word. They'd had a little gathering in their home with James and Andy, as well as some of Isaac's family members. James had popped champagne and cheered loud enough to make everyone around him flinch.

They'd gotten used to all of Raymond's needs— they'd discovered that red meat was often enough to satisfy his cravings for blood. He took iron pills. The best part, however, was Isaac's job: he was a nurse now, and twice a year the office would have a mass blood drive. Isaac would allow Raymond to sneak his way in and steal a bag, charming those who stood in his way. That bag would last for many months.

Raymond had gained weight, his sickly body now healthy and pink, and he was able to shed his nocturnal habits in favor of being awake when Isaac was. Dreary England typically hid the sun, but when it finally decided to shine, copious amounts of sunscreen helped with that.

Things weren't entirely perfect, though. Isaac, now nearing thirty, had finally started to realize the implications of their romance. Things were going to continue this way forever, with Isaac aging further and further while Raymond stayed the same age. He didn't like to think about being an old man, romantically involved with a man who looked decades younger than him. He didn't want the pain of old age, or the inevitable dread of death.

They could do this. They could make enough money to move around, get to new places where no one would be suspicious of their age. No one would see that they always stayed the same. They could get their documents easily changed.

Raymond was more hesitant than he was. "I just..I don't want you to regret it, and then you resent me," he said, running his thumb along Isaac's cheek. "What would we do if we had to go separate ways?"

"Ray, there are ways for us to die. We aren't entirely invincible. If I really want to die, I can."

"I don't like that kind of talk. Don't do that, baby." His brow furrowed.

"I'm just reassuring you."

"It's going to hurt, baby. It's really going to hurt."

"I know, and I won't blame you for it, okay? You'll be right here, I know it." Isaac brushed a light kiss across his lips. "I trust you."

"As long as you are absolutely certain—"

"I want you to turn me into a vampire, Raymond Bennett." The words seemed so silly as they hung in the air between them, like something out of a fantasy novel. "I want to be a vampire like you."