53

songs to play when reading this chapter:
summer time sadness - lana del rey
elliot's song - dominic fike
cry - cigarettes after sex
i'm tired - labyrinth & zendaya
Silver soul - beach house
everything I wanted - billie eilish
don't blame me - taylor swift
glimpse of us - joji
matilda - harry styles
soft core - the neighbourhood
consume - chase atlantic
ayala - XXXTENTACION
the night we met - lord huron
somewhere only we know - glee cast
roslyn - bon iver

Elliot's POV:
I jogged back into the hospital with my guitar in my arms, a few nurses smiling at me. They'd began familiarising themselves with me and the rest of our group since Maya had been admitted. I made my way up to the elevators and walked up to her room, as I pushed the door open, seeing her laying there with her eyes shut.

I smiled softly, sitting beside her and pulling my guitar up onto my lap. Before I could bring my hand up to strum her's reached out and stopped me. "Play me our song" She mumbled, her eyes still closed. My heart thumped in my chest, filling with love and adoration for the girl in front of me.

I began strumming, the song flowing through me as I thought of mine and Maya's journey together. The lyrics began slipping through my mouth as I kept my eyes on her.

I've got not place,
building you a rocket up to outer space
I watch you fade
keepin' the lights on in this forsaken place

Little star
feels like you fell right on my head
Gave you away, to the wind
I hope it was worth it in the end

Us against the world
just a couple sinners making fun of hell
If I keep you here
I'll only be doing it for myself

Little star
feels like you fell right on my head
gave you away, to the wind
I hope it was worth it in the end

I know this thing is broken
So I keep my door wide open
Been some time since we've spoken
One day, we'll meet again

Little star
feels like you fell right on my head
gave you away, to the wind
I hope it was worth it in the end

You and my guitar
I think you may be my only friend
I gave it all to see you shine again
I hope it was worth it in the end,

I took a deep breath finishing the song, a smile on her sleepy face, eyes still closed. "you finally finished it." She said, referencing my indecisiveness and obsession with perfecting our song. I chuckled "It had to be perfect for you." Her eyes landed on me "It is perfect."

"I love you Maya." I said definitively.
"I love you too.. Eli"
My heart swooned.

I wanted her to stay awake and talk to me, for selfish reasons of course. As the thought entered my mind she spoke "I'm so tired." She frowned. I smiled at her cuteness "It's okay baby, I'm right here. Go to sleep." As I spoke her eyes fluttered shut again before she said "Sing it again."

"Okay my beautiful girl."

The next morning
I was woken up to chaos that day.
"I'm afraid you have to leave sir." A nurse mumbled empathetically as she rushed me to my feet. "What?" I questioned groggily, I'd remembered falling asleep in the chair beside Maya's bed what the fuck was going on. As I rubbed my eyes I saw a doctor and nurses crowding around her.

I stood up, eager to see what was happening as the nurse placed her hands on me, ushering me to leave. "What the fuck is going on?" I asked, in the hurried yells of the doctor, no one answered me, panic coursed through me like it had when she was missing. Only this time it was worse.

I got shoved outside and the door slammed close as I banged on the door begging them to open it. "What's happening?!" Maya's mom asked me as she dropped whatever bags she had in her hands on the floor and hitting the door. "I don't know.. they.. they shoved me out. I.. I don't know they won't fucking tell me." Words left my mouth in a jumbled mess as I ran a hand through my hair in frustration.

Two hours later, we were slumped outside the room. No word from the doctors whatsoever, the occasional nurse running in and out but we'd given up trying to interrupt them. We figured it be inconvenient to disrupt them while they fix whatever was going on.

Maya's mom grasped my hand, a lonely tear cascading down her cheek. "You go home, get a change of clothes. I'm right here with her." She sent me a small smile, the worry evident in her frown lines. I wanted to say no but the look in her eyes was defeated and I really needed a change of clothes.

I jogged outside and made my way to my car, holding my phone to my ear. "Elliot?" Rue answered the phone. "Meet me at the hospital okay? Somethings not right." I said and cut the call.

I ran inside the house, taking my clothes off and chucking them on the floor. In a complete hurry I threw on a different pair of shorts, a hoodie and a cap. I made my way back out within seconds and got in the car and drove off.

Elliot - You there yet?

Rue - OMW
Rue - Maddie and the girls are coming. They wouldn't take no for an answer.

I hadn't expected any different, Maya had a lot of friends. I sped back to the hospital and parked sloppily before bumping into Rue, Maddie, Kat and Lexi on the way. "Come on." I nodded as we jogged through, navigating our way back. And that's when I heard it.

"I'm so sorry Mrs Cole."
Followed by screams. The screams of my girlfriends mother. Screams I'll never forget for the rest of my life.

DONT HATE ME.
I WONT SAY ANYTHING ELSE EXCEPT.... MWUAHAHAHAH

I LOVE YOU ALL. THANK U AGAIN FOR 80K BABIES.
TO THE MOON & BACK ❤️

- UR FAV AUTHOR 💋