20

Maya's POV:
Elliot walked in not even seconds after. He came closer to me, slowly, giving me time to stop him. He pulled me into his arms, hugging me as he buried his head in my neck. I hugged him back, feeling extremely tired.

Elliot felt like crying to her, telling her he loved her and he'd do anything for her. But he knew when the time came, he wouldn't go to rehab. He'd carry on getting high all the fucking time. What he failed to understand was, all Maya needed to hear was that he was willing to change. That in itself was more than enough but Elliot, he knew she deserved more.

"How are you feeling?" He managed to cough out as he took the seat beside my bed. I nodded, tucking my hair behind my ear. "I'm okay, they put me on some stuff so I'm good I think." He looked down at the floor, his hands intertwined together. "What about you?" I asked, genuinely curious. Rue had told me he hadn't been doing so well.

"I fucking missed you" he mumbled.

One thing Elliot absolutely hated about himself was his selfishness, he knew him and Maya couldn't deny the cosmic fucking connection between them, he knew if they were given enough time together they'd be back 'together' He knew by telling her the truth (that he missed her) she couldn't be mad at him. Right in that moment all he wanted to do was reach over and kiss her.

"I missed you too" I whispered, he smiled slightly, I guess it felt good knowing we both felt the same. "When Rue told me I panicked. Like real fucking panic. I've never been that scared before, I don't know if it was some shitty rumour but they said you were unresponsive and I swear to god I think I broke down" he rambled, out of breath by the end of his little speech. I looked straight at him before grabbing a hold of his hand and keeping it by me, he leaned forward to allow me to.

What Maya didn't know was, Fez was the one who broke down. Elliot relapsed from his two days sobriety, which he was doing for Maya, ending up higher than Mount Everest and then called me telling me he couldn't live without her. That if she died he'd OD, on purpose. See this is the thing about our generation ladies and gentleman. We are so fucking dramatic, we don't let a single thing slide past us. And while nearly 5,000 Americans aged 15 to 24 died of overdoses caused by illicit drugs in one year, that didn't stop us. I mean 11.89million 18 - 25 year old people used in the last month. That's what the world is, it's a fucked up cycle. When Elliot relapsed, he sat beside Maya on her hospital bed, still unconscious, holding her hand and mumbling apologies over and over.

"Doctors said I need to rest so I can't really go out but if you wanna come to the hang out Rue and everyone have planned.. I would like it." I said, looking down at his hand. "I'll be there," he mumbled.

Yes I do pity Elliot, he's in love with Maya.. the Maya every guy had a crush on at least once, fuck even the girls, including me. I didn't think he was a bad guy for relapsing, I'd been there myself, I just wished him and Jules didn't have that fucking weird ass tension. It was annoying, and fucking weird, I had a crush on Maya for an entire year of high school but I didn't act like I lost my breath when she walked in a room. If Jules did end up doing that to Maya, fuck me and my feelings I'd never ever forgive her for fucking over Maya.

"I heard you broke your guitar." I said, still shocked by it. "Fucking rue huh?" He chuckled, I knew.. that he knew she would've told me regardless. "The night we um. I don't know I just I was so angry at myself." He said, eyebrows furrowed as he explained, I nodded. "I felt bad, inside. Like a bad person for not being able to give you what you want because you could have anyone and I felt like a fucking idiot for ruining my chances." I sighed at his words. "I never have wanted just anyone" I replied, whether people wanted me or not it didn't matter. "I know" he whispered. Before we could talk more my mom walked in, she smiled at Elliot. "Nice to see you Elliot, I'm sorry to interrupt you guys but Maya, I just spoke to the nurse and she said you need to rest for a little while now."