*ding-ding*

Suddenly, along with the sound, a notification came to my phone. I slowly took it out of my pocket and checked for new messages. It was an email from the school, which, apparently, was a must-read.

My gaze darted in the direction of Himeno. Even though I didn't hear that any message came to her, but she still took out her mobile phone and started reading something on the go. Apparently, she keeps her mobile phone in silent mode. Well, that's pretty convenient.

- Did you get the message too?

- Yes. It says here that I have to come to the meeting room on the upper deck in ten minutes.

- Yup, I have the same thing.

It looks like we had the same email, or at least these things were similar to each other. In any case, our destination was similar, as was the time, so we will have to make a choice.

- Will that stop us?

Himeno asked me this question when I started thinking about this very topic. To be honest, ten minutes is quite a short time for you to be able to get ice cream, eat it and enjoy it to your heart's content. Simply put, in this case, it takes at least fifteen or even twenty minutes for you to feel satisfaction and pleasure enough for you from the process of eating ice cream.

- No. But I don't think we have a choice.

I answered her as honestly as I can . I didn't want to miss the opportunity to eat ice cream, even at the cost of contradicting school rules. After all, ice cream can be considered a symbol of my freedom. But in order to preserve freedom, sometimes it's necessary to restrict this very freedom. Moreover, from the rapid consumption of ice cream, my throat or head may ache, which I would not like

- Well, if you think about it...

Himeno stopped for a second, and I stopped with her. She looked at me thoughtfully for a few seconds before her beautiful light purple eyes darted in another direction. It seemed that she was weighing various scenarios in her head. Although she shouldn't have tried so hard to think about it.

The fact was that Himeno knew and understood perfectly well that it was me of the two of us who wanted ice cream the most. More precisely, I just like ice cream a little more than she does. That's why this beautiful girl was thinking so actively now so that we could both eat ice cream and be at the meeting place on time.

- Hey.

- Hm?

She called out to me with a twinkle in her eyes. I could tell that there was some idea splashing around in her gaze, which for her personally might have seemed like a genius. Well, I didn't have the opportunity to doubt Himeno's intelligence earlier, unless, of course, it was about learning or understanding English. In any case, it just means that right now I have no reason not to trust her. Although, to be honest, our time has already been reduced to nine free minutes. The clock is ticking.

- We could take ice cream in cups and eat it already there during the meeting.

- Sounds like a plan.

With a nod of my head, I agreed to this idea. In general, I didn't want the school to have a bad opinion of us, but my desires for ice cream outweighed my sanity and common sense right now. In the end, I decided to follow my desires, as they are very tasty by nature.

As a result, in a couple of minutes we got to the person distributing ice cream. He wasn't at all surprised by our request, but that was the problem. He handed out similar ice cream cups only for couples. That is, to receive such a gift, you need to be in a relationship with a romantic way. Well, it looks like we're going to be without ice cream today.

- I see...

I was a little sad, but it was a situation in which our forces were too small. After all, neither Himeno nor I had a sufficient level of involvement in normal school life for us to have a significant other or a love interest.

- We're dating.

- Hm?

- Huh?

I looked in some surprise at Himeno, who suddenly expressed something similar. A slight pinkish trace appeared on her beautiful cheeks, usually personifying an increase in temperature, but now, apparently, the case was completely different. Was she feeling embarrassed?? Is it because she has to lie? Hm, very interesting.

- Is it true?

The guy with the ice cream looked at Himeno for a while and seemed satisfied with her statement, after which his gaze already rushed to me. It seemed that he was trying to confirm my friend's words in any way with my help. In any case, it was our chance, which Himeno was winning for us, so I had no right to back down and refuse this gift.

- Yes, we are dating.

When I made this statement, the person distributing the ice cream finally gave us our legitimate treat. Unfortunately, there weren't many variations of ice cream, so we chose what stood out the most. It was pistachio ice cream topped with caramel and light nut powder. I have no idea what it tastes like, but it looks tempting.

Fortunately or unfortunately, it was ice cream for people in romantic relationships, so it was one large cup. We were also given two spoons so that we could enjoy ice cream together.

- Thank you, Himeno.

In any case, Himeno and I headed to the meeting place, eating ice cream at the same time. You can even say that it was me who mostly enjoyed this delicious dessert, and my friend seemed to be thinking about something again. It seemed that her current thoughts for herself were more important at the moment than before. Well, I couldn't distract her from that, so I just had to keep enjoying the ice cream.

- Yuki...

- Hm?

- Call me by my name.

Suddenly she made me such a strange request by its nature. The fact is that usually your name is used either by your family members or by people very close to you. Simply put, Himeno had no reason to call me by my first name, nor did I have any reason to call her by her first name.

But she still told me to call her by her first name. I don't know what was the impetus for such a request, but still I didn't resist it. After all, that name, Yuki, is very pretty and cute in itself.

- If that's what you want, Yuki.

- ...

There was silence between us for a while. It was not pressing on me, but still, for some reason, in the depths of my heart, I felt a strange feeling that did not give me peace. Is it some kind of guilt? Did I forget about something important? Maybe I should say what Himeno told me, too?

- Then you call me by my first name too, I suppose.

In any case, I also gave permission to call me by my first name. It wasn't something important to me. To be honest, for fifteen years I have been called quite often at the expense of my name. Well, I think it's okay, probably. In any case, I didn't have any problems with Himeno... I mean Yuki... I have no problem with her calling me by my first name.

And still the strange pink tinge did not disappear from her cheeks until now. It seemed that this was some kind of suspicious disease spreading in an unknown way. Very interesting. Do girls really get sick with something like this? What about the guys? Should the two of us go to the infirmary??

- Thank you... Kiyotaka.