Chapter One

George sits at his computer screen, it's blank, locked, dusted and untouched.

But none the less he waits for anything, something to happen.

Was he waiting for his sluggish footsteps again? The pace a familiar tune that played on an ear bleeding loop, even when he tried to discard him from his flooded mind he always broke to the surface with a gasp for fulfilling air.

The late night darkness seeped round the dull lit bedroom, for Dream was gone again, always around the same time. Twilight—midnight, a time when your snores should be seeping but his could not.

Then the familiar routine begins,

The unlocking of the door echoes around their shared apartment, George waits patiently, tracing circles into the mouse pad.

He could hear Dream's slurred mumbles of curses, first the clatter of his shoes and then the call of Georges name, a want, a desire of drunk greed.

Then his struggle to pace the stairs, chuckling to himself dully once he finally succeeds.

Then the opening of their bedroom door.

George stares at his usual drunk lover with spite.

"Where have you been." He stands from the gaming chair, clutching onto the desk, stabilising himself before he could collapse at the mere frustrated motion.

"Babyyy, you know I've been out." Dream smiles, starting to move closer, this sent unease into the already thinning air.

George hesitated before moving backwards slightly.

"No call? No text, I've been worried— for goodness sake Dream, you could of been hurt for all I know!" George couldn't fend off the anger anymore, he let it pour from his tongue with pure felt sourness.

The intoxicated blonde didn't stop moving closer, George couldn't move away anymore, his back pressed to the cold undercoated wall in growing defeat.

Dream leant in close, their body's a forced connected magnet.

"Where do you go every night." George whispers despairingly taring his eyes away from the hard stare.

Dream caressed Georges chin with a firm unloving hand, he guided his eyes back to his own, they no longer dance like they had many moons ago.

George trembled now, perhaps in fright, or perhaps in preparation for whatever was about to turn.

"There's only you, I love you, you know that, don't be ridiculous George." His breath lingered with alcohol as he spoke the manipulative lies.

George shut his eyes as the angry tears began to fall, for why wasn't he good enough, why wasn't he worthy enough for someone he so deeply loved.

When had it all gone bad?

"Hey! Don't— don't do that— George- darling please." Dream begged silently, he leant in, moving the hair that irritated the brunettes tired eyes with unclear intentions.

"I just want you to love me how you used to." George whispered despairingly.

Dream locked them closer together, George felt his breath hitch, his heartbeat picking up in straining manacles.

"I love you— I love you— I love you and only you darling." Dream smothered drunken lies into the brunettes ear with desperate comfort.

George crumbled into the sea of touch, letting it drown him, the waves fought restlessly, viciously, taring him apart with clawing pity.

"I hate you." George whispered with laced agony, he wanted to throw angry punches into the intoxicated male that cradled him so unkindly.

"I know you do." Dream chuckled lightly into the bleeding heart he held with controlling fingertips.

"I hate you— I hate you—I hate you..." George whispered in draining defeat, his words fading into a broken melody as he felt himself giving into slumber.

Dream led them both to the cold mattress and the night held them in frozen weeps.