1.

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan couldn't sleep that night. Everything was too much for him to take. First meeting her after 10 long years and then the radio show.

He had gotten up before his alarm and freshened up. He sat for his breakfast when the bell rang.

He went and opened the door and Omi came inside.

"You didn't sleep last night right?" Omi asked him seriously.

Karan didn't answer him and sat down concentrating on his food.

"Omo find out who the RJ is...." He said calmly.

"Karan bhai i think it was just a coincidence that he spoke about the juhu cafe and blue jacket....because this is not possible honestly....don't worry about that...." Omi said patting his back to comfort him.

Karan didn't say anything else. He knew that what Omi was saying made sense. How would a random RJ of a radio show know that he was crossing a cafe in juhu wearing a blue jacket. That would be creepy.

He brushed his thoughts away and decided to concentrate on the day's work and boy he had a lot of work to do.

He went to the office of the production house and sat with the director to discuss some locations of their first schedule and its costing.

He had checked all the contract papers of all the actors by himself.

"Inform everyone to come tomorrow for signing...." He instructed one of the employee.

By the time he had finished with his day it was late at night.

He sat in the car and started to drive and turned on the radio.

Omi looked at him and shook his head hopelessly as he switched to the same channel that he was listening to last night.

A song was playing on the channel and as soon as the song stopped , they heard the voice of the RJ.

"So back to story time....i hope you are listening to me dost...." He said and his by his voice it was clear that he had a smile.

"Remember the day she first came to your life?right in the middle of the rain wearing a pink dress and with a crazy hair do?" The RJ chuckled softly.

11 years Back in 2011

Karan had come for the look test of his second show. It has been 3 years that he was staying in Mumbai and boy he was in love with the city.

He had taken a break of a month after his first show had wrapped up before he was signed for this one.

Strangely he was on time. But his costar has still not come. The producer had informed him that she was a new comer and it was her debut show.

He waited patiently for her to come as they had to do their look test.

"I am so sorry....so so sorry...." He heard a sweet voice and looked up to see a girl standing in a pink floral dress of around 18-19 years old. She was apologising to their director and DOP and tried to brush the water away from her dress which was partially wet because of the heavy rain.

"That's okay sweetie...." Their producer patted her head from behind and she gave a huge smile to their producer.

Karan smiled looking at her and soon started to chuckle.

"What?" She asked frowning at him.

"Nothing...." He pursed his lips to control his chuckle.

"What is so funny?" She frowned more.

"Your hair....it's a bird's nest...." He started to laugh and she pouted angrily.

"Karan....stop pulling her leg....she is our kiddo....tejasswi prakash...." Their DOP scolded him and Karan nodded obediently.

Teja gave him an angry look and turned to go to her green room to get her makeup done.

Karan smiled softly.

Kiddo?she was a walking talking laddoo. With the most innocent eyes ever.

Karan parked the car by the side of the road not being able to think straight.

"She entered your life like a midnight summer dream and swept you off your feet....you think those eyes can lie dost?sometimes what we feel like isn't what the truth is....sometimes there are others who make us see some other truth....you keep seeing the 6 while it is actually the 9 from the other side...." He said with his serene voice.

"This can be anyone's story....this can be the story of you who is now at home sipping his tea alone missing her....it can be the story of you who is at office working till late hours and regretting why did he let her go?" He took a pause and then continued.

"Or it can be the story of you who has now stopped the car by the side of the road thinking how the hell do i know his story...." He gave a small chuckle.

"Omi...." Karan held Omi's hand as his body shook.

Omi was about to turn the radio off when Karan stopped him by holding his hand and shook his head. His voice had given in.

"Don't try to search for me dost....try to understand me....i will come every night and by the end of the month i hope you will find your truth....you will find what your heart seeks....you will find what you are not seeing...."

He paused for a few seconds.

"Good night mumbai...." He said in his cheerful voice. "Meet you tomorrow but before going just a few lines...."

"Koi karta hai pyaar pe aitbaar....
Toh koi karta hai aitbaar se pyaar....
Aitbaar rakho ki tumhare har sapne ko usne apna maana....
Tumhare har sapne se pyaar kiya....
Har sapne ko chupake rakha....
Sauda nahi kiya...."

And a song started to play.

"I need to meet Teja now...." He whispered.

"Bhai ab?" Omi asked in shock.

"Yeah....and find out who this RJ is....i need to know everything about him by 11 A.M. tomorrow...." He said in a dangerously low voice and started the car to go to Teja's house.

*****