Prologue

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja knocked the door of the producer and heard a warm voice from her.

"Come in...."

She went in and the producer stood up and gave her a hug.

"How are you ma'am?" She asked happily.

"I am good Teja....sit....meet Aman....he will be directing the series...." She said gesturing her to sit and introduced her to a young guy sitting.

He stood up and shook hands with her warmly.

All three of them settled down and the director handed her the script.

"Ma'am should i narrate the story?" He asked politely and Teja nodded.

She opened the booklet of script and went throught the first few lines.

Before she could know what was happening her eyes had started to brim with tears. This cannot be happening. The odds of her being approached to do the story which had so much to do with her past. So much. Which literally reminded her of her best and worst memories at the same time.

She kept the script on the table clumsily and got up.

"Teja?" Her producer looked at her in concern and worry. Why was she behaving like this?

"Ma'am i cannot do this...." Teja muttered trying to stay as composed as she could.

"Why?" Her body shivered at his voice.

She didn't even dare to look back at him. What was he doing here. 10 years and the voice is still the same. It had the same affect on her.

"Why Tejasswi?it hits your conscience?" Karan came and stood beside her and asked looking at intently.

"Karan...." Their producer frowned at him.

"Sorry ma'am it was a joke....a joke with an old friend....i hope teju didn't mind....right teju?" He asked looking at her , sarcasm and anger clearly visible on his face.

Teja gulped and didn't dare to look up. Her legs were shaking and she knew if she looked up at him , she would definitely fall.

Karan gave their producer a hug and sat beside the director.

"Teja , karan will be co producing the show with me....and he is starring opposite you....you have no reason to say no baby...." Their producer patted her shoulder.

"Running away are we?from the truth?by rejecting this?" He muttered sarcastically looking at his phone.

The director looked at Teja , karan and their producer in confusion. Poor guy didn't understand a word of what was happening.

"Karan why are you talking to her like this?" Their producer gave him a eye roll.

"Sorry ma'am...." He muttered.

"I don't run away from anything ma'am....neither do i have to....i will do the show....and no need of narration because i know the story....let me know ma'am when i can sign the contract...." She took the script and stormed out of the room.

"Karan this behavior is not expected of you...." She warned him sternly. "Don't forget you are the producer in this as well....you have a lot more responsibility and i had called Teja for this role only because you were hell bend that you won't make this with anyone else other than her....so please behave because we need her...."

Karan nodded a little.

"Aman....if you have anything to discuss with him regarding the script please go ahead...." Saying this she left the cabin.

*****

Karan sat in the car around 11 at night and sighed. He wore the jacket that was laying at the back seat because the AC would hit him otherwise.

Seeing her again after 10 years was not easy. As much as he hated her , all he wanted to do was to pull her into a hug. He had been waiting for this day. When this show will be ready to go on floor and he will have her casted in that.

That would be her worst punishment. She would have to go through the turmoil of her guilt conscience.

Nothing could be worse than a person made guilty every second.

He started the engine in silence and turned on the music as he drove through the night.

"And today I will start the story....the much awaited one....the story of two people who met and fell in love...." Karan heard the RJ's voice.

He was about to change the channel for some music. Who would want to listen to a story at that time of the night.

"And if you are passing by Juhu , by that cafe....the same cafe you would spend all your special evenings with her then this is your story...." Karan's eye widened as he realised that he was passing by Juhu by the cafe where he would take her everytime they wanted a coffee and some pastry. 10 years back.

Karan didn't change the channel but gulped. To say that he was creeped out would be an understatement.

"If you are wearing the blue jacket....it is your story....why do you still wear blue? Because it is her favourite colour....you still love her....like you always did....but couldn't say....couldn't say because before you could say....everything fell apart...."

Karan stopped the car. His hands were trembling. He looked at Omi horrified who was looking at him with an equally shocked expression. He was actually wearing a blue jacket. But he had worn it after sitting in the car.

"What the actual hell is this?" Omi asked after a couple of seconds.

"Kaisi ajeeb hai yeh dastaan....
Teri dastaan....
Na hai ishq na hai nafrat....
Hai baas ek khayal....
Ek khwaab jo tuta tha....
Ek dhoka jo kabhi mili nahi....
Sab kuch hai baaki....
Baas kuch sach hai chupi....
Jaise taare chupe hote hai....
Din ke ujalo mein...." The voice came from the speaker of the radio.

Karan heard the RJ and gulped. His head felt lighter and dizzy and his voice was gone

***

Note - This plot was originally written by dreams_and_beyond .The plot is still hers but since she unpublished , i am continuing this with her guidance. ♡