✗ twenty one ✗

Start from the beginning

"You're making me a shit show at this point", I accused lamely.

"A shit show? It's just fun to meet someone who will be like that to Riki. I'm sorry if you took it the wrong wa -"

"Don't be. What are you all doing here anyway?", I asked as I peered toward the Kim siblings who finally decided onto two flavors and Heeseung looked relieved from behind them.

Jungwon chuckled, "Stocking up on snacks and drinks that I have to pay for"

"So you're like their bank account for tonight", I commented to be polite.

"The one and only", he bowed and I looked down so he didn't see my smile. Then my phone went off at the perfect time.

[ Giant Mon-Ki : Stop flirting with him, Grumps! ]

[ Me : What the hell? ]

[ Giant Mon-Ki : I could see you from here. In Heeseung hyung's car ]

[ Me : Then be a good kid. Stay there and never let me see your face ]

[ Giant Mon-Ki : Then I'll go there. It sounds like you're missing me already...😉 ]

[ Me : Don't you dare! ]

[ Great Mon-Ki : Coming! ]

I held up my screen for Jungwon to read, "Looks like I have to go"

He made an annoyed sound, "Do you really not want to join us? I am asking again in case you change your mind"

"No, never", I said and his eyes widened, "Oh it's not you, okay? I just wanted to be away from the monkey a bit, so please keep a tight leash on him for my peace"

His confused expression slowly morphed into an enormous grin and internally cursed myself for running my mouth. This was so awkward.

I gazed at the ice cream when he said, "Go now, I'll watch him for you"

"Thank you", I smiled and hustled down the aisle faster than one should walk through for the exit.

Jungwon's offer to watch over Nishimura for me shouldn't have made me feel warm inside, yet it did. Then I remembered he had always been the nice guy in school and I wondered if this is the real him.

I mean, he left his friends to come talk to me, which was odd.

My feet stopped before I could tell them too and even my world is in sync because right then, right in front of me, Nishimura Riki is entering through. He was looking around the grocery until it stopped and widens on my figure.

He stared at me like I had the words of "look only at me" strewn across my forehead and despite of being used to his presence, I felt nervous.

I stared back at him before me with my tub of ice cream, wondering what the hell what was I supposed to do now.

"Well, it was not great to see you here", I said collectively, "I have to get home my soulmate melts"

"Did a boy break your heart or something to buy an ice cream? Do you need a distraction?", he asked.

Can a girl only eat an ice cream at 10 pm because she's heartbroken? I guess an ice cream and an all black clothes along my bitter face could indicate a broken heart.

"Oh no. I mean, I'm planning to snack on this while thinking of ways to make a death trap for you tommorow", I answered, humor laced my voice.

"Ni-ki, leave the poor girl alone", Jungwon added.

"Well, if you ever need my company", Nishimura plucked my phone from the pocket of my hoodie, ignoring Jungwon, "You just have to call me"

"I'm leaving"

Instead of him having to do something with my phone, I can't believe it when Jungwon snatched my phone from him and he wedged it back to my hoodie.

This entire encounter astounds me to where my eyebrows nearly fly up the sky.

Jungwon grabbed Ni-ki's arm and dragged him all the way to their friends while the monkey himself is simultaneously shouting goodbye.

But to my added shock, Sunhee appeared in front of me, handing a bag full of candies, "Since you can't join us, I thought you will miss this so I'm giving you lots. Enjoy!"

"Thank you", I replied, but my voice fell short when she waved at me happily before running back to her waiting boyfriend.

The entire walk back to my house, I wondered what the hell occured in the grocery.

I knew of Nishimura being everywhere all at once, for bearing the title of being the baby in his group. But I never thought that becoming closer to him in some form would lead me to meet his friends as well.

And you know, I can't believe they will be keen too in being nice to me like Sunhee.

The weird thing was, regardless of my previous opinion of Ni-ki, he wasn't that bad.

I'm just such a very judgemental person. I can't deny that to myself.

⚊ next chapter

who can say here that they're also judgemental?

don't worry i am too and i'm not proud of it yet i still accept it that it's one of my flaws like minji is admitting here to herself.

don't forget to vote & comment!