I searched for coffee, but there was none. "I'm going to get coffee, anyone want?" I asked and instantly regretted it when they all said yes.

As I made my way to the kitchen, I heard laughter. Emilio and Mariano sat on the island, brown liquor in glasses beside them.

"Whatever mischief you're up to, leave Emilio out of it," I said as I opened the cabinet.

"Mischief? No mischief tonight little one. We have a duty to fulfill." Mariano said.

"I'm older than you." I deadpanned as I walked over to the coffee machine. "And what duty?"

"Gray threatened us not to leave yours and Xile's side tonight," Emilio confessed.

I dropped my head in my hands and groaned. "As you all know, I can take care of myself. And I'm pretty sure the thousands of guards outside can hold down the fort."

Mariano hopped off of the island and downed the liquor before pouring himself another cup. "Can't ever be too safe." He said with a wink as he lifted the cup to his lips.

I rolled my eyes. "You think you're being safe by getting drunk?"

"Not my fault, my aim is better when I'm off the juice." He said and I fanned him away.

A phone rang and Emilio grabbed it as he got off the island. "Who is 'Tatted blonde tourist, double d's?" he asked as he walked over to us.

Mariano grabbed the phone from his hand and Emilio joined me by the coffee machine. "Need help?" he asked, and I nodded, "I need two more cups."

"Hey sweetheart," Mariano said as he put the phone to his ear. "You have some friends for me?... Oh, is that so?"

Emilio and I looked at each other and shook our heads at the scene in front of us.

"Send me their pictures and I'll see if I can make it later tonight." He said before hanging up.

He clapped his hands together, "Big daddy is going to have a marvelous time tonight."

"When will you stop being a whore." Grey's mom said as she entered the kitchen with mom and Carmen by her side.

"I ask him that every day," Carmen said patting his shoulder as she passed him. "Our poor boy."

"Oh no, when did you get here? And how did you convince your husband to let you come here after what Grey did to him?" he asked leaning against the island.

They sat on the bar stools, "Uh oh," Carmen said.

"I didn't ask him." Grey's mom said with a shrug of her shoulder.

"You're joking right?" Mariano said turning and placing his palms on the edge of the island.

"Nope," she laughed, and Mariano groaned throwing his head back.

"As much as I'd like to stay, I've got three coffee greedy pigs waiting for me," I said as Emilio walked behind me with the tray.

"Dinner should be ready in about two hours," Carmen yelled.

As Emilio and I walked down the hallway I figured I'd ask now. "Why does she have to ask to leave?"

"My uncle is a very weird, possessive, and controlling man. Much like most men in the Mafia. You lucked out with Grey, even though he can be a pain in the ass."

"And what about you?" I asked, stopping in front of the French doors.

"Let me simplify it for you, I was raised by Grey." He said before looking into my eyes, "And I will do my best to treat your daughter the way he treats you, if not better."