|Time Skip|

|Location: New York General Hospital|

Duncan's POV:
I slowly opened my eyes as the light had caused me some discomfort. I raised my hand to shield my eyes from it and saw that I was in a hospital room. "How did I... How did I get here?" I asked as my eyes widened and I shot up. "LUNA!" I shouted as the doctor's seemed to have heard me and ran in to see that I was awake. "Mr Blaze, please calm down. You're lucky to be alive right now. Please calm down." The doc said.

I struggled as I tried to get up, "My sister, where's my sister?!" I exclaimed. "Please calm down and I will tell you." The doc said as I saw the look in his eyes and took deep breathes and started calming down. "Good. Now, your sister is in surgery right now. She suffered a great deal of damage to her spinal column. They're doing everything they can, but it's unlikely she'll ever walk again." The doc said.

My eyes widened at this news and tears rolled down my face. "No... This... this can't be happening. I failed." I said, "I'm sorry?" the doc asked. "I promised our parents that I would keep Luna safe. I failed. I broke my promise." I said.

"I can see you need time. But it is a miracle you survived your injuries." The doctor said. "When can I see my sister?" I asked. "In due time. In fact she should be done with her surgery now. I'll take you to her room." The doctor said as he helped me into a wheelchair since I was still weak to move my legs right now.

The doctor took me to a room where my sister was lying down and a computer kept track of her heart rate. The doctor placed me next to my sister's bedside and pat my shoulder. "I'll leave you here with her. If you need anything, let me know." He said.

I nodded my head and looked at my sister. The doctor left and I took Luna's hand and kissed it. "Please, don't leave me sis. You're all I have left." I said. 'She will not leave you. A deal's a deal after all.' A voice said. I looked around and saw no one around.

"Who said that?" I asked. 'I'd keep quiet if I were you boy. No one else can hear me but you.' The voice said again. 'Who are you?' I asked, 'Don't you recognize my voice, Duncan Blaze?' it asked and my eyes widened when it said my name. 'It's you? But then that means...' I thought as my eyes widened in realization.

'Correct. You died. But there is something strange about you. Your lifeforce is much stronger than any of my previous hosts. Your death was slower than it should have from a death like yours.' The voice said. I looked at my sister and remembered everything after the crash. 'You're the one who answered my calls? What are you? Who are you?' I asked.

'I am Zarathos. I was once an Angel of Justice created by God to protect the innocent. But I was then tricked and tortured for millennia by a demon who wants to destroy your world. I escaped but I was tainted by evil. My spirit was strong enough to survive, but my mission changed. From protecting the innocent, to punishing the wicked. And you, Duncan, you called out for not only vengeance, but for justice. Your soul and my spirit are now one.' Zarathos said.

I looked at my sister and tears rolled down my face. 'Luna will never walk again. All because that bastard ran a red light.' I thought. 'I can help you avenge the wrong that has been committed. At night, my powers are stronger. But during the day, my power is somewhat limited. Together, we will punish the guilty and protect the innocent.' Zarathos said.

I looked at Luna and narrowed my eyes. 'On one condition. No killing unless we have no other choice. That's my only condition.' I told Zarathos. 'Very well. But there are demons that escape from Hell. They will have no second thoughts on killing the humans. Even your sister.' Zarathos said.