Chapter 4

It had been about a week since Steve saw Eddie. Now that he knew that he liked Eddie he wasn't quite okay. One of Eddie isn't a queer and if he found out about the crush Steve would be destroyed at school, two how the hell can he like girls and boys, and three he never fixed himself he was still a sinful homosexual yeah he's still trying to get over that one. He wanted to see Eddie because being away from him made Steve want Eddie more than anything. So what if he said he'd never see him again.

Every girl Steve has ever been with never made Steve feel weak in the knees when he saw her or make his stomach flip. The way he felt for Eddie was weird and it scared him more than the shit he's been through, it scares him more than his father, and Steve was terrified of his father. His father was what people would describe as abusive if they knew. He would hit Steve for almost anything and leave Steve for days to months by himself in the huge house. This had been Steve's life since he was about ten. He remembers his mom and dad fighting at night and when he woke up his mom left a note in the fridge saying his parents would be back in a week or so for his dad's work. No one knew this about Steve's life and he intends to keep it that way.

Steve walked downstairs. He was going to get out of the house but he saw his father. He walked to the door and as he was about to leave his father stopped him.

"Where the hell you going?" his father asks

"A friend's why do you care?" Steve asks and Steve's dad thought that wasn't the right answer and Steve's face met with his father's hand

"Don't talk to me like that" his father snaps. Steve just walks out of the house and sits in his car. He takes a minute to start the car but once he does he drives to the same boy he's been thinking about all week.

The drive felt so long and Steve was trying not to cry. He would say that his father's abusive tendencies didn't bother him but they really did. He parked his car on the makeshift driveway. He went up to the door and knocked.

When the door opens he sees a shirtless Eddie in pajama pants. It caught Steve by surprise

"Stevie?" Eddie asks, confused about why he would be visiting Eddie. Especially this early.

"Hey Eddie, is it cool if we hang out?" Steve asks as he was still trying to hold back his tears.

"Of course what happened are you okay?" Eddie looks into Steve's eyes.

"It doesn't matter" Steve mumbles.

The boys walk into The Munson trailer and Eddie leads them to his room.

"Sorry for the mess, didn't expect company" Eddie apologize.

"As if you would've cleaned if you knew I was coming" steve jokes

"You wound me, Harrington," Eddie says looking around for a shirt. He finds a very old Metallica shirt and puts it on. Steve stares at him in awe.

"Everything okay Stevie?" Eddie asks with genuine concern.

" yeah it's been a while since we've seen each other and I miss yo-" Steve cuts himself off before he can make things awkward

"I missed you too big boy" Eddie flirts? Steve can't tell. Is Eddie gay? No, he can't be. What if he is? Stop thinking Steve.

Steve snaps back to reality with Eddie's hand waving in front of his face

"Sorry I keep zoning out doctors said it would happen" steve explains

"Don't worry about it," Eddie says

"So cool room," steve says as his head turns to look around the room.

"You play?" Steve asks and looks at the guitar

"Aw my sweetheart yeah I love her I'm in a band with my friends so yeah I play," Eddie says

"Wait you're in a band" steve asks in complete shock

"Yeah corroded coffin we get a great crowd of five drunks" Eddie jokes

"Didn't think you were that cool" Steve jokes back

"So I'm cool now that you know" Eddie teases getting super close to Steve's face. Steve's eyes betray him and look down at Eddie's lips. It was only for a second but Eddie noticed it anyway

"So cool" steve exaggerates

Steve ended up passed out on Eddie's bed. He was tired and Eddie couldn't blame him. His black eye was still very much visible and he was still pretty concussed. So yes maybe Eddie 'tucked' him in to let him sleep and made sure he was comfortable. Since Steve fell asleep Eddie has been trying to do school work. He was failing again and he didn't want to do high school for the third time and it's not like you need to be a high school graduate to be a rock star. As Eddie was staring at the school work he hears a scream come from his room. He runs to his room and sees Steve panting and sweaty. He runs up to him and hugs him.

"Steve it's okay it's just a nightmare it's not real" Eddie whispers into his ear

"I'm sorry," Steve says and hugs Eddie back

"Don't apologize you did nothing wrong" Eddie comforts Steve

"I didn't mean to fall asleep," steve says

"It's okay," Eddie tells him they were still hugging

"Did I bother you?" Steve asks.

"No I was just doing homework," Eddie tells him.

" sorry" Steve apologize again

" Steve for the love of god stop apologizing" Eddie jokes

"You want to tell me what happened," Eddie asks

"What?" Steve asks

"In your dream" Eddie clarifies

"It doesn't matter" steve mumbles

"It does if you're waking up screaming" Eddie points out

"Can you just lay down with me?" Steve asks. Eddie gets in the bed next to Steve and holds him by the waist from behind. They were spooning. Steve was glad Eddie couldn't see his face and how red he got.