“Oh, really?”

               Ugh.

               I knew this would happen.

               “Get in, Win.”

               She let out a deep chuckle before walking around to the driver’s window. “I’ll drive us from here, Sir.” Then, she handed him a few paper bills. “You may hail a cab by the entrance of the village.”

               What she had just done didn’t immediately register with me.

               I merely stared at her, dumbstruck.

               “Understood, Ma’am.”

               Before I could even utter a single word, Winter had already made herself comfortable on the driver’s seat.

               Jesus...

               She really just ordered our driver to go home on his own.

               Haa, that was just so her, alright.

               “Explain yourself, Karina,” she piped up, breaking me off my bubble.

               “Huh? Explain what?”

               “Why did you pick me up?” She gave me a look. “I thought you need time?”

               Oops.

               Right.

               I failed to make myself clear because I literally bolted out of the rooftop when embarrassment caught up with me after our confrontation.

               She must’ve been so confused.

               “Uh-huh, that’s correct indeed; time to make it up to you, that is.”

               Aeri had to endure hours of my unending rant about how shamelessly bold I behaved during our talk and how I was kind of regretting saying the majority of what I said; especially the part that... ugh, I don’t even want to remember. What matters was that we are okay now.

               She blinked, puzzled. “Make it up to me?”

               I nodded. “Of course, Winter. It is only right that I do that first before we- y-you know- like... that.”

               Oh, god.

               What am I so embarrassed for?

               “We what?” She smirked. “I don’t understand. Enlighten me, Karina.”

               I rolled my eyes, looking away in an attempt to hide the blush that I knew was beginning to adorn my face. “Have I already mentioned that you are so insufferable?”

               There was an amused cackle.

               Oh.

               How I’ve missed hearing that melodic sound.

               “You have,” she replied, cynically. “This is the third time, actually.”

               “Great. I have been consistent in reminding you as I should.”