Chapter 21 (Hazel)

Christmas flew by in a whirl of red, green, and white.  Hazel waited nervously in her living room as she was waiting for her parents to give her the go to use the port key to travel to the Jeon Estate.  She had been in contact with Jungkook over the past week to make sure things were ready to go.  She would be staying with them for the next five days and the Jeon's would be bringing her to the Hogwarts Express to go back to school so Hazel needed to bring all of her school things back with her to the Jeon's.  Hazel's father had also been in contact with the Jeon's making the port key arrangements.  There had been some slight hesitation at first for her to go when she had asked them the month before, but both her parents came around to the idea of it after talking with the Jeon family.

    "Now Hazel make sure you are on your best behavior as a guest for the Jeon's...try not to cause to much trouble for them."  Teasingly reminded her father as the port key began to glow. 
   "I won't, don't worry, dad."  Smiled Hazel.
"Hold on tight to your things dear so you don't lose them, and have a great time.  Let us know if you need anything otherwise we'll see you in the summer."  Waved Hazel's mother.
    "Will do.  Bye mom, by dad.  Tell Danny I said goodbye as well and can't wait to see him again this summer." Grinned Hazel as she grasped her trunk in hand and held onto the gold candle stick that was the port key. Her parents had already sent over her other things including her barn owl, Baxil with magic.  The world whirled around her as she arrived at the large dark doors of the Jeon Estate with a loud thud as she landed on her butt next to her trunk.
  Hazel quickly got the her feet and brushed herself off as she reached for the door knocker only for the door to swing opened before she could grab it. 
    "About time you got here."  Teased Jungkook as he tried to hide the grin that was growing on his face as he opened the door.
   "Well sorry I'm not allowed to use magic to just apparated here at will."  Replied Hazel with a smile.  It had been weird not seeing her friends she had made for a week after they had been around each other almost everyday.
   "Oh is your friend Hazel here Jungkook?"  Called an accented female voice from inside.  An elegant looking Middle aged Korean woman appeared behind Jungkook and peered out at Hazel.
    "You must be Hazel, it nice to meet you.  I'm Jungkook's mom, he's told me so much about you."  smiled Mrs. Jeon.

    "Mom!"  protested Jungkook as he looked at her with wide eyes.  Hazel just giggled as she attempted to lug her trunk into the house.

    "Oh, don't worry about the trunk dear, the elves will take care of it.  Come along children.  Hazel dear I hope you don't mind but our family is hosting a gathering for New Years.  It is a more formal event and I already spoke with your parents about it already and they packed a dress among your things that they sent earlier, but we have much to get ready."  ushered Mrs. Jeon.  Hazel hesitated for only a moment before letting go of her trunk as two house elves jogged out of the house and with a snap her trunk was floating into it.   Hazel followed after and Jungkook walked casually along side her.  Jungkook mentioned to Hazel earlier that his parents had plans on hosting a party for New Years, but offered that they could skip if she wanted to.  Hazel had figured it was best to try and go along with their family event since she was in their home, and it sounded fun.

    "Are you planning on attending?"  whispered Jungkook to her as they walked through the house following his mother.  Hazel nodded.  

    "Well since I'm here I might as well.  Besides is sounds fun.  I rarely get to go to such formal events with my family.  Usually, we have a big gathering with the Gage family in the summer every year.  Its a pretty big formal event.  Maybe you can come this summer if you want.  I'm allowed to bring a few friends if I'd like.  Usually Jimin and his little brother come with us since their family friends, but it'd be nice to bring some others. "  noted Hazel. 

   "Oh the Gage Family Gathering?"  piped Mrs. Jeon as she listened in to the conversation.  "I've heard its quite the event.  Only those invited personally by the family can attend, is that right?"  

    "Yep.  Since my mom is the youngest daughter of the main family we get the privilege of inviting others, although my grandmother will have final approval of any and all guests, I'm sure she'll be more than happy for Je-Jungkook to attend if he so pleases."  smiled Hazel.

    "Who else are you thinking to invite?"  asked Jungkook curiously. 

"Well I know Jimin's family will be there because they are friends with my parents, so he'll be there.  I was planning on inviting Ember...and maybe Yoongi as well, but I don't know if he'd be that interested..." trailed Hazel.  Jungkook snickered as his mother shot him a look.

   "Yoongi as is Min Yoongi?"  questioned Mrs. Jeon.  Hazel nodded.

"Yep, he's been helping me a lot in school and we're friends, he's a couple years above us."  replied Hazel.  

    "The Min Family is quite prestigious.  I'm sure that Yoongi is used to going to such events.  To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they are already invited by your grandmother."  explained Mrs. Jeon.  Hazel hadn't really thought about that.  It was true that a lot of really prestigious families got invited to this event, a lot of them were because they either were married into the family or because they were looking to be married into the family.  Which Hazel figured out a couple years ago when she was 9 and ease-dropped on her grandmother discussing with one of her aunts about love matches for her cousin.  Which sounded stupid in Hazel's opinion since her cousin was only four years older than herself.  

    "Hmm, possible.  This is my third year attending and most of the time I was with the other children who were too young for school, but now they will be having me mingle more with the older kids and adults now that I started school.  So its possible that he's been there before.  I never really considered that."  pondered Hazel.

     "Don't worry too much about it dear.  Jungkook, why don't you show Hazel to her rooms for her stay?"  suggested Mrs. Jeon.  

    "Okay, come on Halls, lets go.  You're owl's been going nuts waiting for you."  noted Jungkook. 

"Baxil?  Oh great.  He's probably just hungry.  He's a little food goblin."  huffed Hazel.

    "Sounds like somebody else we know."  grinned Jungkook.

"If Ember heard you say that then she'd have your head."  jabbed Hazel matching his grin.

   "Well then its a good thing she'd not going to hear it."  

"Well I might just have to tell her now."

    "Don't you dare!"  

"What are you going to do if I do?"  teased Hazel as she skipped ahead of him for a moment as they arrived to a pair of large dark oak doors.  

   "Stop you, obviously."  scoffed Jungkook.  Hazel opened her mouth to reply, but stopped when she heard the familiar hooting of her owl behind the door.  She quickly turned on her heels and headed inside.  

    "Baxil!  I'm so sorry I sent you with out me.  Please don't try and bite my finger off when I feed you."  begged Hazel half-jokingly as Jungkook followed her into the room.

    "Is he a biter?"  questioned Jungkook as he eyed the barn owl who was now gnawing on the cage bars.

    "Not usually, just gets over excited about food sometimes."  Hazel chuckled.  

"Sounds like their master."  teased Jungkook.  Hazel shot him an eyeroll at his comment.  She fished a treat for Baxil out of her bag and the bird nearly inhaled in happily.

    "So....do you think your mom will let me in the kitchen to bake you something without magic?"  asked Hazel asked as they watched the owl in the cage.

    "I think she can be convinced."  smiled Jungkook.