Issue 62 - The Boy From Another Universe

Start from the beginning

I stumbled back, feeling my heart race. My eyes widened, becoming blurry. Finally, something clicked, and it all made sense. "No, that's not true. You're lying! I can't be from another Universe; my family live here. Uncle Ben lived here, Aunt May lives here, and Peni Parker lives here!"

"Have you ever met her father? What about yours? Grandparents, other cousins and school friends? Apart from those three Y/N, who else do you know? Traversing the Multi-Verse is dangerous. It can cause rifts and incursions, destroying all the worlds caught without the crossfire. But if one lives in another world long enough, that world begins to adapt to the new virus changing everything around to fit the new visitor. So the Green Goblin, The Sinister Six, Wilson Fisk, your family, and even the Avengers were all created by you."

Falling to my knees, I felt my world fall apart. Panting, I felt my hands loosen. "Why? That can't be."

"You were never meant to be in our Universe, Y/N Parker, and because of that, our very world is on the brink of destruction."

"Shut up!" I screech, putting the puzzle pieces together. "The Scarlet Witch had been hunting me through dozens of universes non-stop... She didn't know what a quirk was. The other me didn't either; no one else knows All Might or any other pro. You're right, oh God, you're right."

"Have you finally put all the pieces together? Did you enjoy leeching off our world? Did it bring you satisfaction with all that you've done?"

"How do I stop it? How do I put an end to this?!"

"You already know the answer to that Spider-Man." All For One said with a refined look. "Fight it all, you like there is no other way."

Standing up, I felt all my problems fade away. I simply turned around, leaving. All For One didn't respond; he never said another word. He didn't have to.

Looking up to the caved-in ceiling, I webbed out, letting everything sink in. I should have known. All of this should have made sense from the very beginning. But, on the other hand, maybe I knew the whole time and didn't want to come to that reality...

No, I can't let his words get into my head; I need to stop Shigaraki once and for all.

****

Swinging through the city, I began heading back to UA High and explaining everything that's happened so far. Hopefully, by then, someone has a lead on Shigaraki. As I began wall running, I quickly stopped hearing an alarm. Latched onto the wall, I turned, seeing it was the jewellery store. I sighed, lowering my head, annoyed. "Is no one taking the end of the world seriously? Damn it; I don't have time for this!"

Jumping onto the roof, I saw a girl dressed in all black. She let so many before me was taking on another animal personification. Kneeling, I watched her, confused. "There's been a Rhino, Vulture, Camelon, Lizard and now a cat. So what is everyone's obsession with animal-based attires? Oh right..."

Jumping down, I wasted no time webbing the stolen jewellery up, kicking the thief back. "You know, I would say something witty to lighten the mood, but I'm tired and fed up. Can we just skip the fighting and go straight to you surrendering?"

"You'd like that, wouldn't you, tiger?" 

"I'm a spider, actually." I point out quickly, webbing her hand, pulling it away from stealing anymore. "Not so fast, I said no! Jeez, lady, what is your problem? The world is on fire, and you're more worried about some pretty rings?"

"The world will return to normal sooner or later. It always does; I'm just taking what's rightfully mine."

"Alright, I've heard enough. I'm taking you in."