Issue 3 - A Shocking Final Day

I stared at myself in the mirror, nervously pushing my hair to the right. "I look like an idiot, May..."

Aunt May comes running in with a tie, shaking her head. "What, no, you don't, Y/N Parker. Hold still. You look like a proper gentleman."

Tightening my tie, I grumbled, somehow being convinced to wear a suit to the final day of my middle school journey. We would have a send-off speech with a celebration disco after I was trying to keep it a secret from Aunt May, but she heard it from Kirishima's parents, and now here I am.

"May no one is going to wear a suit like this. It's the last day of middle school, not the homecoming dance."

Sorting out my hair, she smiled, shaking her head. "I'm going to have none of it. You're graduating... If Uncle Ben could see you. All grown up."

Smiling ever so faintly, I rubbed the back of my neck, sighing. "May... Can I go now? Harry is waiting for me."

"Why does it look so tight? You're not wearing any clothes underneath, are you?" She presses me, forcing me into a corner.

She wasn't wrong; I had my Spider costume combined with a red spray-painted hoody with a spider logo on the bag alongside blue sweatpants. "Ahh, no, of course not, May. I think I'm just growing a bit too much, that's all. Please, can I go?"

Holding her camera up, she took another picture, nodding. "Go on then, sport. Enjoy yourself. Be back by eight at the latest, you hear me?"

Quickly stepping out of the apartment, I loosened my tie, sighing. "I can't believe this.."

"Y/N? What the hell are you wearing?" Harry muttered in his regular school uniform

Hiding my face in embarrassment, I pushed Harry along, walking with him. "Please don't say anything. May found out about the school dance and thought it would be a fantastic idea to wear a suit."

"But didn't you tell her no one is actually going to the dance?"

"Yes! Like a dozen times, she didn't listen, as if I didn't have anything else to worry about; I was going to be the laughing stock. This sucks." I whimper, dragging my feet and rubbing the scar I got from the Chameleon.

"I'm sure no one will even notice," Harry says half-heartedly.

A car began driving past as Senkō poked his head out of the passenger seat, laughing. "Hey, Penis Parker, you going to your funeral? Nice monkey suit!"

My stomach dropped as my world kept crashing down. That was when Kirishima came running up, out of breath. "I caught up to you guys... I seriously thought I was going to be late."

I looked at him wearing a pair of casual jeans and a hoodie, which made me groan even more. "Hey, Kirishima..."

"Whoa, were we meant to dress up smart?! Crap, I missed that. Should I go back? I don't have anything smart to wear."

"No one would notice, huh?" I whimper, glaring down. Harry deflated. "This blows..."

****

Everyone noticed. That's all I seemed to pick up on anyway. Sitting in the main hall, I felt everyone's whispers were about me as the headmaster's speeches continued. Glancing around, I kept adjusting my tie, whispering to Harry. "Is everyone talking about me again?"

"Just ignore it, Y/N. We'll be out of here, and we can celebrate properly. My dad gave me free rein at the cinema and booked it for us."

"No way, seriously?! We can watch whatever we want?"

"You bet; I'll even give you the first choice."

The Headteacher cleared his throat, looking up. "Before we finish today, I wanted to call a few students to the stage. Each of them has gandered a place in the prestigious UA High. So, for the first time in this school's history, we have four of our very own attending, two of whom will be taking part in the hero course. So please welcome Eijiro Kirishima, Harry Osborne, Mina Ashido, and Y/N Parker to the stage!"