Issue 23 - The Power of a Quirk in the Palm of my Hand

"Look at poor Otto; he still hasn't got a quirk."

"What a loser, just like his father."

"I don't want to play with him; he's a quirkless nobody. He'll never result in anything."

For as long as he could remember, Otto Octavius has always been looked down on for being different. Being a nobody, both quirkless and anti-social, he would always struggle to fit in and find a purpose for himself.

Time and time again, he would be reminded of the same horrid fact: he was quirkless and useless. He hated this more than anything; he hated being written off without a chance to prove himself; he hated the society worshipping powerful quirk users like Gods. He hates pros like All Might, Endeavour and now the Spider-Vigilante.

But that doesn't mean he would sit down and let the world chew him up; no, Otto Octavius has different plans. He would not only prove himself to the world, but more so, he would harness the power of a quirk whatever the cost.

****

"Try and go easy on him, Y/N, please?" Peni suggested looking concerned. "I know you're friends and all, but never mind."

"Hey, it's alright, Peni. I'll be careful to pull my punches hard. Otto is our friend. At the end of the day, this is just a friendly match. Win or lose, it's incredible he got this far in the first place."

"Yeah, I suppose it is." Peni smiled. "Good luck; I'll be rooting for the both of you."

Stepping onto the stage once again, I was still not used to the roaring fans. Waving slightly, I quickly dropped that feeling of embarrassment. Never doing that again. As I eagerly waited, I smiled as Otto came into sight. Trampling onto the stage, I crouched down, smirking. "It's about time, right Otto? You've gone and got me excited for this."

Otto stared at me smugly, laughing. "Excited? Excited, come now, what could you be so excited about? This is my shining moment, and you, Y/N Parker, will fall beneath my might."

The time started beginning the fight, taken slightly back by Otto's out of place bold claims. But, unfortunately, Otto didn't leave any time to even think as he came rushing over, trying to grab me with his arms. Leaping around them, I flipped over him, preparing to strike down.

As one arm came at me, I jumped off it, propelling myself from the ground and kicking Otto back. His arms kept him in place, making it more difficult to even budge him. The moment I recovered from my attack, Otto struck, barely missing me, tugging his metal arm back. 

Moving back, I took a deep breath feeling confident yet weary. If even just one arm managed to get ahold of me, he could throw me off the stage like it was nothing. Maybe I was overthinking the matter again, but I let my guard down, and the worst-case scenario happened. I was caught by Otto's invention held down tightly.

"Whoa! Y/N is already taken out by Otto of the support department! It will take a miracle for Y/N to get out of this one!" Present Mic roared.

Curling his arm up, Otto moved me to face him as I struggled to break free. Taking off his glasses, he grinned, smacking my cheek. "How does it feel, Y/N? What is it like for a quirkless nobody to overpower a pro like you? The power of a quirk, in the palm of my hand. I'm no longer a useless nobody, Parker."

"I'm not sure if you know, but there isn't usually this much talking in a fight. Unless it's me, then yeah, I might overdo it." I croak only for Otto to do the opposite of what I expected; instead of throwing me off the stage and ending it, he smashed me to the ground, causing me to yell in pain. Pinning me down, I felt my body snapping under pressure. "What the hell are you doing, Otto?! You're... You're going to break my back at this rate!"