Chapter 3 - Truly Forgotten

Art Source - KRDSan from Deviantart

Chapter 3 - Truly Forgotten

After the encounter with Elsa, a pink-haired maid found Emilia and soon disappeared with her in tow. With their disappearance, the Crusch camp decided that they should start heading home.

Wilhelm and Felix stayed behind to carry Rom over to the Karsten manor. Subaru could have sworn that Wilhelm hesitated, but he didn't question it for long. Currently, the rest of them were walking over to the manor.

"I can't wait to pass out on a bed. Today has been too much for a hikikomori." Subaru groaned. He never expected to be in one life or death situation, but being in multiple was something he never even dreamed of.

"Interesting, I haven't heard of a hikikomori before. What does it mean?" Crusch asked. She was walking in front of the small group, and turned around, stopping the walk to the manor.

"O-oh, it's just something in the past, don't worry about it," Subaru said. His eyes turned away and stared at the very interesting dirt. It was obvious that he was trying to dodge the questions.

"Past, huh?" Felt whispered to herself. She had her hands in her pockets and just kept looking down while they walked. "All of you guys are weird. Not that it's a bad thing." Felt said while kicking the small rocks on the ground.

"Natsuki-Sama seems to be the weirdest here then?" Crusch used Felt statement to tease Subaru a little bit.

"Hey! I'm not even that weird!" Subaru yelled in feign anger, but then he noticed something for the first time. "Why did you use -sama? You're way out of my league." Subaru asked. He was too stressed out before to comment on it.

"You mentioned coming from another world, did you not? It would be foolish for me to call you anything else until you confirm your status." Crusch said. Then she flashed a smug smile. "By your reaction, it seems you aren't too special, Subaru-Dono."

"You know, even though I asked for it. It still feels embarrassing being ranked down like that." Subaru said

"WAIT! Are you just going to gloss over the fact that he comes from another world!" Felt looked up and pointed at Subaru in shock. Her eyes were wide and back away a bit.

"My apologizes for leaving you in the dark," Crusch said to Felt. She looked slightly amused at Felt's reaction. When she heard the news, she was also surprised, but she mostly kept it to herself.

"Weird, weird, weird. You guys are way too weird." Felt said. She was embarrassed by the outburst. "Just hurry up already, it's way too dark to be going slowly." Felt then speed walked in front of them.

"Tsundere," Subaru stated before moving on. He felt a breeze of wind, and his body tensed up as if he was stuck in time. His body relaxed after the wind calmed down.