14. nice

NICE ??

NICE ??

strangely, you were already prepared for work today

strangely, you were already prepared for work today. you were dressed, ready to go, and you had a little snack to fill your stomach. usually you would have done all of this around 5 minutes before you actually had to leave but you were done all of this around 30 minutes before.

you were trying to find something to in the meantime and decided on just laying down on your bed for a while. you looked up at the ceiling not really thinking about anything.

time passed and you eventually got up from your bed to head to work. you left your house and walked over to the café again. by the time you got there xiao was also approaching the door to the café. you made eye contact with each other before turning away and opening the door to enter the café. you both ended up being right on time and soon went to the back to wear an apron.

you came back out to the front and just leaned against the counter not doing anything. once xiao came out to the front you glanced over at him before looking away.

"so, did you bring me my money?" xiao questioned. he was staring at you with arms crossed over each other.

"i thought i said that i wouldn't be paying you??" you responded.

"stop. you can't just not pay me, i helped you with your homework." he stated.

"i mean that's true but you barely helped me with anything and you were being rude so.. you know." you replied back.

".. so you actually didn't bring any money??" he questioned.

you laughed and looked around the café, acting like you didn't bring him his money.

"what the hell," he said.

"no but look, i don't have that much money right now so i just brought $3 to give you.." you explained.