To The Minimal Great Hidden

Alex Pov

All of us sit around El as she looks for Hopper, except for me who lies down with an ice pack over my neck.

"I see him" El says blankly as her nose bleeds.

"Where is he" Max asks as she pushes the ice pack down on my neck.

"Woods, he's with...Will's mom" El says, I chuckle but my throat hurts to much and I start coughing.

"What are they doing?" Max asks as she pushes the pack further down, nearly chocking me.

"Ill-annoy...their going to Ill annoy" El says.

"MIKE BREAKFAST!" Mikes mother calls down to him.

"NOT NOW MOM" Mike rudely yells back. "Illinois, like the state of Illinois" 

"She...doesn't know what that means" I manage to say over my soar throat and Max practically chocking my with the ice pack.

Time skip

Max wipes the blood from El's nose while I keep the ice pack on me.

"Does it still hurt?" She asks me with concern.

"A bit, and you chocking me didn't help" I say with a small smirk.

"A little bit of chocking never did any harm" She smirks back.

"Last time I remember you liked chocking a lot more than me" I chuckle as she blushes and averts her attention to El.

Through the thin bathroom walls we can hear Mike complaining about how El and Max are conspiring against him.

"He's not exactly doing himself any favours" I smirk in reference to Mike's constant complaining.

"We can still hear everything your saying!" Max calls out as we all laugh.

Time skip

Nancy shows us medical records for Mrs. Driscoll, we confirm to Nancy and Jonathan that the sauna test was at the same time Mrs Driscoll's heart rate spiked, leading to the conclusion that she's flayed as well.

"If there are two flayed we have to assume there's more"

"Heather" El says in surprise. "Billy was doing something to her, she was scared...bad screams" 

"What's a good scream?" Lucas asked.

"Me and Max" I whisper to him as he realises and lets them continue.

"I'm sorry, who's Heather?" Nancy asks.

"The lifeguard at the pool" Max says back.

"Heather Holloway?" They ask in surprise.

We all piled into the car and I noticed Max getting awfully cramped next to me, I could tell she was uncomfortable so I subtly lifted her onto my lap while not trying to get too excited. However when Max looked at me with a heavy blush and wide eyes I knew I failed.

Time skip

We all stand in front of Heather's front door and knock, we wait for a while before El just opens the door with her mind.

"Remember, if anyone offers you a cookie, don't take it. You'll be shitting for hours then pass out" I warn them as Max puts her face in her hands with embarrassment. 

We all walk in and start calling out for anyone but to no avail.

"Jesus its freezing" Max complains, I put my arm around her shoulder and pull her in.

"I'll go fix the thermostat, just for you" I whisper in her ear and then kiss her cheek, I hear a very faint 'thank you' and go off to find it.

After a little while of working my way around the maze of the house I stumble across the thermostat above a desk, I look to the desk and see a picture of Heather and her family along with a bottle of open sleeping pills.