Gradations Of Arms Length

Alex Pov

I'm nudged awake by Max after falling asleep again on the bed.

"C'mon Alex what have I told you about sleeping this much" Max says disappointed.

"Don't sleep in the day or you wont at night" I sigh back.

"Good, because El found Ralph Macchio" She says as we both head towards El, who is gawking at a photo of him.

"I bet he's an amazing kisser to" Max beams.

"Oh what I wouldn't give" I dramatically say. Max just rolls her eyes and kisses me while El fake gags and turns back to gawking.

"Is...Mike a good kisser?" Max asks.

"I don't know, he's my first boyfriend" El responds.

"I can imagine it now" I shudder as the other giggle. "If its any help, I bet you Mike will come crawling back in less than a week, on his hands and knees" 

"Yeah, he's probably wallowing in self pity right now, 'I hope she takes me baaaack'" She playfully mocks. "What I wouldn't give to see his stupid face" 

El seemingly gets an idea, she tells Max about her ability to look into some void, a void I know all to well, though I still use my mind control powers, I vowed never to use my seeing power, as I viewed it as a massive breach of privacy. El sits underneath a radio playing static.

"I cant believe we're actually doing this...holy shit we're actually doing this" Max says excitedly, I squeeze her hand and she looks to me. "Oh right, sorry"

She remains quiet for a while as her nose bleeds until she gasps at something.

"I see them" 

"They say we are a species..." El elaborates.

"Huh" I ask.

"Emotion not logic" El says.

"What" Max says angrily squeezing my hand tighter.

She then rips her blindfold off seemingly in a panic, she looks to us and we look back worried, then she bursts into laughter.

3rd Person Pov

"THREE INCHES" Hopper bursts through the door to see El and Max reading a comic with Alex asleep with his head in Max's lap.

"Do you knock?" El asks.

"Yeah...you could've woken him up" Max says pointing to Alex, sleeping like a log.

"Oh...right" Hopper says.

"Max and Alex wanted to stay for a sleepover?" El asks.

"Yeah sure...just...keep it PG" he says looking to Max.

"Ew gross...but..." Max chuckles. Hopper closes the door and the girls get back to reading.

Time skip

Alex Pov

I slept through El spying on more people, she looked at Billy and was worried because she heard screams, we decided to wait until tomorrow to leave, I was given the short straw and slept on the couch while Max and El slept in El's room. I wake up and notice a weight on my body, I fully open my eyes to see Max clinging onto me. I nudge her awake and she widens her eyes when she notices me.

"That's a nice surprise" I say tireldly.

"You...looked lonely that's all" She says avoiding eye contact and we get ready to leave.

Time skip

We all walk towards Max's house, along the way Max tries to dance around the idea of sex to El, who is still incredibly unaware of these things. We arrive at her house an Max examines her front yard.