The Way Ahead Feels Lonely

3rd Person Pov

It was Alex's first day of school and to say he was nervous would be an understatement, being with so many people scared him greatly and he was not fully prepared for it, he had spent the past 7 minutes in the bathroom washing his hands, he scrubbed them so hard they began to bleed.

His father wasn't in the house, having left before Alex even woke up, as he usually did, it was lonely whenever he woke up, but he enjoyed it. With his stomach turning he left to his first day at school.

Time skip

Alex Pov

I enter the school and head for the principles office, as he was supposed to take me to my first lesson of the day, which would ironically be my fathers. I enter the office to find a girl with red hair sitting opposite his desk looking bored, I sit down and the principle turns to me.

"You must be Alex...I'm the principle at this school, pleasure to meet you" He says extending a hand to me.

"I don't...yes I am Alex" I say not moving my hands at all. 

"Lets get you both to your first lesson." He says as we all head to science.

Time skip

The door opens and me and the girl walk in and stand at the front of the class. I can feel everyone looking at me so I nervously scratch my neck and look to the floor.

"These must be our new students" 

"Indeed they are"

The girl instantly goes to sit down but Mr. Clarke stops her.

"Hold up there, you don't get away that easily...Dustin drum roll"

The same kid I gave my money to, who I now know is this 'Dustin' kid starts tapping his hands on the desk.

"First up we have, all the way from sunny California...Maxine"

"Max"

"What"

"Its Max. Nobody calls me Maxine" 

"Okay Max...why don't you sit down at the back over there"

Max rushes over to sit down as his attention turns to me.

"Dustin...another drum roll" He says as Dustin resumes the drum roll.

"Another fellow Hawkins resident, a very talented write and my own son...Alex" 

"SON" four people, including Dustin shout in shock, making my flinch slightly.

"Yes...why don't you go sit next to Max over there" He pats me on the shoulder as I avoid eye contact with the others. I sit down and see the four kids at the front staring at me, I avert my eyes and look down to avoid them, but they keep staring at me. I also notice Max look at me then look at the others and scoff. The first 20 minutes of being here isn't off to a good start, as five people here already dislike me.

Time skip

3rd Person Pov

While Max was skating outside, she was oblivious to the boy sitting on the table near her, writing who knows what. Meanwhile, the party were discussing these new students and after going into a tirade whilst staring at Max, their attention turned towards the silent boy writing.

"No way that's Mr. Clarkes son, they look nothing alike" Dustin questions.

"I don't know, I can see the resemblance" Lucas adds.

"We should just go and ask him, he looks like he could use a friend" Will smiles. 

"The targets are conversing" Dustin points out as Max appears to be asking Alex a question. A second later, Alex rips out a page of his notebook and hands it to Max as she scribbles something down, throws it in the bin then leaves as Alex goes back to writing.

The party rushes up to the bin, rummages around in it before picking the note Max had left. Reading its content and becoming sad. Their attention turned towards the boy still writing. They all sat opposite him while Mike stood next to him.

"Hey...hello?" Dustin said, unaware that Alex didn't think anyone would want to talk to him. 

"Yes?" Alex finally said looking up. "Can I...help you?" 

"We just wanted to ask what you were writing" Dustin smiled.

"I...I don't tell people, secret" Alex says blankly. 

"Oh...ok" Dustin apologizes.

"Sorry" Alex mumbles feeling guilty he hurt their feelings.

"So we we're wondering if-" Mike says but as he said it he put his hand on Alex's shoulder, causing him to mildly freak out, he hated it when people touched him. He shocked everyone when he suddenly jumped from his seat and closed his notebook.

"Sorry" He simply replied before leaving, leaving the others shocked. 

Alex went to go wash up, but avoided the bathroom, he hated its cramped nature and abundance of people, instead he would go to the changing room bathrooms. Normally people would be in the gym but as it was lunch, Alex wasn't expecting anyone there, however he did notice a certain red head practising on her skateboard. She looked at him and sighed.

"Are they making you stalk me now?" She rolled her eyes, but widened them when he seemingly didn't notice her and headed straight to the locker rooms, despite her best interest, she followed.

Alex went into the bathroom and started to wash his hands, normally, if he was in public, that would be enough but instead since he didn't see or think anyone would follow him, he took his shirt off, which revealed his surprisingly well toned body, and began to also wash the part that Mike had touched. Just as he was doing this, Max had walked in and alerted Alex.

"Oh shit sorry" Max apologized but she didn't leave, her eyes instead glued to the shirtless boy, who embarrassingly put his shirt back on, grabbed his notebook and went to leave. Just as he walked past her, she grabbed his wrist, making him look at her. 

Of all the times people had touched him, he would always freak out and try to pull away as quickly as possible, but something in the way Max grabbed his hand made him want her to never let go.

"Am I...doing something wrong?" Max questioned. Alex stared for a moment.

"No...'m not good at talking to...anyone" Alex smiled a small smile. They then decided to sit down and talk, not about anything important, but it was good enough for the both of them in terms of an introduction. They talked for so long neither of them realised they were supposed to go back to class soon.

"Hey, what's the notebook for?" Max asked innocently, although Alex was reluctant to tell her, there was something about her he couldn't say no to.

"Oh, just some writing...stories...songs, nerd stuff y'know" He chuckles.

"I don't think its nerdy...well, not that nerdy" Max giggles. 

The two talked for some time, both unaware of the two kids looking at them defeatedly.

"Find anything?" Will says as Lucas and Dustin come out of the building with their heads held down.

"Nope...nothing" Dustin mumbles as the conversation changes.

Hello it is me the author, comments and votes would be helpful, that's all...k bye <3