Quiet Eternal Rebellions

3rd Person Pov

It is now the year of 1984 and things have improved, Alex was adopted by a nice man called Scott Clark was given a home where he wasn't judged for his lack of abilities. His new father was the only person to know about his abilities and didn't judge him for it, he was just very worried that the 'government people' would come back so he never put his child in school.

Not like he needed it, as Alex was extremely well educated. The only problem about Alex was his anxiety, he'd go days without talking and would only ever mumble if he needed something. His violence was also something he needed to get in check, he never acted upon his violent thoughts but both he and his father knew he was one small thing away from snapping completely.

Another habit Alex developed was a sort of germaphobia, he didn't mind getting dirt or germs in general, but he hated when people touched him without his permission, he would also routinely wash his hands, not to get rid of germs like he said, but to wash out all the things he's done with them, he still vividly remembers killing someone and assisting in the murder of another, and despite how bad those people were, he never allowed himself to be forgiven.

His father would try to introduce him to people that he taught at a local middle school, but Alex was never interested, he found their conversations weird and pointless, on this day in particular, Alex's father tried to attempt getting him to socialise, opting for a less present approach.

"I'm just saying it would be nice to meet kids your own age, and the arcade is the perfect place to do that" Scott called out. "Y'know Dustin, I've told you about him, he's a real nice kid I'm sure you'd get alone really well" 

Dustin was a kid Alex's father had spoken about often, although them two never met, it still felt like he'd rather have him as a son than him, but he didn't want to disappoint his father so he begrudgingly accepted.

"...fine" Alex mumbled.

"Great, here's 10 bucks...proud of you kid" He said while ruffling his hair, and he set off to the local arcade.

Time skip

Alex arrived at the arcade and saw the abundance of people there, the noises of all of them cheering made him want to vomit, and he hadn't even used his powers, not since he arrived at his fathers house that one night. 

Alex tried walking in but he froze, he just couldn't bring himself to go in, so he just walked round the side of the building, money still in hand to try to get his act together. As he was thinking a fat kid the same age as him biked past him and grabbed his money. 

"Thanks for the money, loser!" He cackled and began to bike away. In those few seconds, a million thoughts racked through Alex's brain as he debated on what to do, all this pent up anger he felt inside had a logical reason to come spurting out, if he said he was standing up to a bully, people would be less likely to notice his blood stained hands.

Thinking quickly, Alex picked up a rock that happened to be quite large, and threw it right at the kids head, he fell off his bike and began rubbing his head in pain as he looked at Alex with shock. Alex slowly approached him and looked down on him.

"Wait-" The kid pleaded before Alex right hooked him in the face, the kid lied down on the floor as Alex continued to punch him, undeniably giving him brain damage until finally he stopped, the kid groaned in pain and spit out a tooth as blood practically leaked from his face. With a final stomp to his face, Alex reached into his pocket to find his 10$ bill and also finding a sum of 5$ in mismatched coins. 

Suddenly, a kid came round the corner, with weird curly hair, a baseball hat and his two front teeth seemingly missing. He froze the second he saw Alex kneeling in front of this kid who was covered in blood, looking about half dead. Alex looked at him with eyes that looked like he hadn't slept in years.

"...yours" He said holding the mismatched coins. The kid grabbed them with fear and went to leave.

"Wait" Alex said in probably the loudest tone he'd been in since all those years ago, although it could be heard as a relatively loud inside voice, the baseball hat kid turned in fear as Alex stood up and held out the 10$ in front of him.

"Take it" He said "...not...in the mood" 

The kid looked at him with disbelief as he grabbed the bill, his hand slightly brushing against his. This sent Alex into a mild panic, as he hated when people touched him. The kid ran off as Alex frantically wiped his hand on his shirt, now covered in blood. He put his jacket back on to hide the blood and ran home, so no one would catch him standing over a beaten and bloody kid, who still didn't get up.

Time skip

Alex finally got home and was greeted by his father sitting on a desk, working on a miniature model of a soldier. 

"Hey, your back early, spend all your money?" He asked.

"...yeah" He mumbled.

"Make any new friends?" He asked further.

"...no...sorry" Alex defeatedly looked down.

"Oh its ok, you'll have plenty of time to make new friends at school tomorrow" He simply stated. 

Alex never really wanted to go to school, but he figured it was something to do.

"And there's gonna be anther new kid, what are the chances of that, maybe you two can be buddies" He cheerily said.

"...maybe" Alex said as he ran upstairs to wash his hands of the blood, while thinking about his first day at school tomorrow.

Hi its the author, prefer if you weren't a silent reader, as any comments and votes would be helpful...k bye