4.2 A Hiss Is Not Bliss

When the carriages of the older years came around at the castle gates no one notices the change yet. The plants and vines that clung to the stoneframes and the gate had afterall been left alone, and it was quite dark if not for the torches that burned along the path.

"I do wonder what happened, but I'm just happy to finally go back to my room" Neville said, next to him Ron threw his arm over his shoulder "I know what you mean, no more parents to get you out of bed!". Neville jolted a bit, Hermione eyed Ron almost like a gargoyle 'Was he for real?!?'.

She had already been sure that Ron's mouth had no filter, and he didn't even have a brain when it came to what he was saying. "I'm going to have to speak with Neville later, I can't believe Ron could be so insensitive!" she whispered to herself a bit angry. Ron usually defended Neville against the Slytherin's..so she thought he atleast did something right as a friend, but now she might have to keep her eye on him.

Before them a group of Slytherin's walked, the most esteemed one of their house. Draco, Thomas, Blaze, Nott, Greenwood. They walked silently as they approached the castle entrence, being the first of the Upper years to enter, they were also the first to notice the change the longer they walked through Hogwards halls and to the great Hall. "..Anyone else-" Blaize began but was interrupted by a smirk from Thomas, "They cleaned Hogwarts.. I never thought I'd see this castle so clean. I dare say I've never seen a good looking castle at this point".

Curled around a pillar, watching them as a white snake with his necklace more as a collar, Harry quietly hissed to himself. He was chuckling at Holly who was getting very embarrassed and emotional about all the nice things the kids were saying about her. He went down just as the students arrived at the double doors.
'Welcome kids, students. It is good to see you around after such a long break'

Having awaited him as well, the Slytherin's, Gryffindors, Hufflepuff's and Ravenclaw's were also happy when they met the Councelor, many gave their greetings as they mingled before the great hall.
"Hey Councelor, good to see you!"
"Sir, the castle..is-is this why?"
"I'm hungry.."
"Pssht!"

Harrison also gave Nagini a slight snake greeting making her smile and hiss back in return. 'Well let's not keep you waiting, go to your seats, and then we can start. Your question should also get answered ..by the headmaster'.

'No matter when the Councelor always seems to not like Prof Dumbledore', was commonly thought - some relaxed while others found it quizzical or insulting - as they entered the hall. The chatter of the students made the awaiting and seated staff smile, yes, they also missed the troublemakers.

Later, when everyone was seated; Harrison was talking to Thomas and Draco. Dumbledore clapped his hands to make the hall quiet, he was of course giving his speech.

"It is with great pleasure and joy, to see everyone back after the long holidays. I hope you enjoyed them, and found the state of the castle a nice surprise upon returning. I myself am also happy to see Hogwarts in such a pristine appearance after such a long time. But, I have something even more important to announce".

"?"
'??'
[Oh dear..]
While now sure that they were sent away to not disturb cleaning, Harrison - to the knowledge of a few who he had exchanged words with before - does not seem to have been informed of anything important. From his curled position he slowly raised his head, they heard a door open near the teachers table. A great many who are from noble families wanted to choke seeing who came through, the rest was not as familiar and just watched what's happening.

'Who is he?' Harry squinted his eyes, slightly apprehensive if his tail gave any indication. "The ministry...?" Draco whispered dryly to himself, but Harry heard it. He hissed quietly at the reveal, much to Snape's notice. He and the teachers had been informed - to some extent - what would be announced, but not fully. "It is for the students sake, for when they'll be of age" was what Dumbledore has said lastly.

Minister Filch nodded slightly at the young witches and wizards, giving a glance at the white thing he saw on the Slytherin table. Dumbledore spoke, "After a long time, I believe it is due for the new generation to come forward and bring an old tradition back to life. A tradition of courage, honor, and challenges. It is with great joy, that I announce the comeback of the Tri-wizard tournament this year!".

The students were quiet for what felt like hours, but was only a few seconds; a reaction that Harry also went through. Before it fully settled in his being, 'WHAT'.

Writhing and wringing forward quickly to the edge of the table before shooting off and becoming bigger, almost half the size of the Basilisk, Harry's form straightened up before Dumbledore. His bright emerald glowing eyes almost looked like a chemic light about to explode, 'Headmaster, I dare ASK that you repeat what you have just said. The tri-wizard tournament? Are you out of your goddamn mind!!? Are you not aware of its gruesome history, or all the DEATHS it caused!?'.

If the torches on the wall shot up any higher they'd burn the house flags hanging from the ceiling, the great hall was dunked in festive colors. A stark red and a few eerie whisps of green occupied the front tables. The Councelors head was very close before Dumbledore's, the tounge that was flitting out almost touching the old man's glasses. Some students had to look at the tail that was somewhat up in the middle row... From under his moon glasses he looked up, "I am aware, but this is also a good opportunity to go out and meet our sister and brother schools. It is also an experience that the students would benefit from".

'Who'd agree to trade their lives for such a thing??' a few students actually wanted to say them cuz of the profits of winning said event but their mouths were shut closed by the open telepathy of Harrison, 'WHO WOULD EXCHANGE THE LIVING FOR THE DEAD AND UNWORTHY? FOR TRINKETS??!! WHO COULD LIVE WITH THEMSELVES FOR NOT STOPPING THEIR FRIENDS FROM LOSING THEIR LIVES!!'.

Harry widely opened his mouth showing his big curved teeth, the minister almost jolted to grab his wand; he was there to give a speech after the headmaster, but it seemed there was currently some.. small management problem.
'Call it off by the end of the week, headmaster Dumbledore, unless there are reasons that can make me accept these circumstances'.

Harry turned his head away - well aware of the other having tried to grab his wand during their talk thanks to Holly - but now he just shrunk down and turned into a small black kitten. He went to the Hufflepuff table, he was upset; and wanted someone to hug him.