Chapter 7: The Ball

Start from the beginning

*Clack!* He opened the door. He had broken it but it was fixed. Nearly. No, there was a big hole in the middle of the damn door. Not that he regretted it or anything.

"Why the shitty hell is the bed empty?!" he yelled.

"Umm...huh?" muttered Penelope as she lifted her head and rubbed her eyes. It seemed she fell asleep on her desk. Woops.

"YOU-you are awake!" Reynold yelled.

"Don't yell, first thing in the morning. And yes I am awake. WHat do you need? You know it's common courtesy to knock before entering." Penelope replied.

"Idiot, you have been asleep for 3 straight days." Reynold yelled.

"Oh alright." Penelope answered. It doesn't really matter. In return she was grateful that she was asleep, which meant not starving at least.

"Tsk" reynold tsk-ed.

The day proceeded as normal, Penelope only going out of her room during meals and Reynolds always trying to argue with penelope. THe duke and Derrick didn't even look at her once, not that she cared. And Yvonne was the only one to greet and asked Penelope about her health.

Few days passed.

Penelope read books all day and in the night she and inner were busy perfecting the plan. She was healthy and could stay the night up without fainting, since the food given to her was decent. But that didn't mean she hadn't had trouble eating it. She had specific needs and had to follow the diet the family doctor made for her.

Penelope's pov:

Argh, these people are annoying. Ha this is exhausting. The maids hadn't had a chance to abuse me for a while and I can tell that they are taking everything out on me right now, and using the excuse of 'getting me ready' for the ball.

"Argh" I groaned as the maid tied the dress. Seriously! It's too tight! Are they trying to suffocate me?

"YOU MOTHERFUCKERS! HoW DARE YOU! PENNY, LET ME TAKE OVER US. LET ME AT THOSE BASTARDS! Let me KICK Their asses and give those bitches a lesson!" the inner yelled.

'Calm down *deep breaths*' I thought.

"Oh my, lady, you have gained quite a few pounds over the past few days." the maid commented as she tied the dress more tight. It's seriously too tight and the hairdresser seems to do my hair over and over.

"Argh, out pretty hair......she is putting so much stuff on it and taking them out too harshly. It's hurting, Damnit, I SWEAR THE DAY YOU LET ME TAKE OVER IS THE DAY I KILL THEM!" The inner shouted.

Alright that's it, they crossed the line first.

*Bang!*

I banged my hand on the dressing table, making everyone stop and look at me.

"Look here, the next time you do something that hurts me. I will scream. You know what that means right? THe duke will hear it and so will the others. And I surely will not hesitate to show them the evidence. So do the thing you are here for. Properly. Got it?" I asked.

I got a few nods here and there.

After that none of them had the nerves to do anything that might harm me. Except a few who took my warning lightly.

'Well, this is my last day here anyways.' 

Third person pov:

Pennelope and Derrick took 2 different carriages to the palace.

The carriage ride was silent. Penelope had one maid with her. 'I believe her name is Emma? Emmie? Oh It's Emily, the one who poked me with needles every morning. Well, she hasn't done anything for the past few weeks.' Penelope thought, as she glanced at the maid. She was surprisingly quiet and was looking down.