XVII - Commission Cuties

"I must admit, Number Five, in all the time that I've been here, I've never met anyone quite like you." The Handler said as her, Number Five and Number Eight walked towards a large stone building with grand features. "Oh, and Number Eight, welcome to the Commission." She gestured towards the building, marvelling in its beauty.

Number Eight smiled gratefully, deciding she couldn't be a huge bitch towards Number Five's boss. After all, she knew he was up to something, and she didn't want to blow his cover. She didn't know exactly what it was that he was doing but she knew Number Five, and she knew that he wouldn't take this job just for the money.

"Hazel and Cha-Cha, for example, are talented, certainly, but they can't see the big picture. Your spunk, your enterprising spirit, well, it reminds me a great deal of myself, if I may be so vainglorious." She smiled, wrapping an arm around Number Five's shoulders. Number Eight's shoulders tensed at the contact, but as she was holding back her bitchiness, she said nothing. She did, however, shoot Number Five a look of wide eyes. "If things work out for you here, you could potentially make a fine successor, Five."

The three entered the building, feeling swarms of busy bodies surround them as they stopped due to The Handler feeling the need to remove her posh overcoat in the middle of the room.

"I'd like to discuss the logistics of my family's safety at your earliest convenience. As well as this body replacement. Number Eight is stuck in a young body too, so I'm sure you can help her out." Number Five suggested.

Number Eight chuckled. "Hey I don't know, I don't mind being young. It means my back doesn't ache like yours, old man."

"Slow down, you two. All in good time. In fact, Five, now that you've finally agreed to work with us, we've got all the time in the world." The Handler said, gesturing for the two to continue following her. "The Commission works in support of a delicate balance between the timeline of events and mankind's free will."

Number Five stopped outside of a room, staring through the glass and the working inside. The sign above the door read 'The Briefcase Room'.

"The briefcase is no longer part of your kit, Five. Free your mind. You're management now. One of us." The Handler patted his back. They continued to follow the woman throughout the building, experiencing the tour of the commission.

 They continued to follow the woman throughout the building, experiencing the tour of the commission

Number Eight dropped back slightly, pulling Number Five by the sleeve so that he was beside her. "My God, I wish she would stop touching you." She whispered in his ear, pulling his face closer to hers.

The boy smirked. "Why? Are you jealous?"

"She's a grown woman! And you're, well not a teenager, but a teenager physically. She gives me the creeps." Number Eight hissed, letting go of his sleeve.

He leant closer to her. So close that she could feel his breath on her neck. "Envy is an interesting look on you, love." He said, before catching up with The Handler once again, leaving Number Eight to feel flustered.