~ CHAPTER 1 ~

I S A B E L L A

My eyes flew open with a gasp and I sat up on the bed. Sweat beads rolled down my forehead. I wiped them away. I had the same nightmare again. It is like a daily thing. I sleep at night and by 3:30 a.m., I get the same dream and then I cannot sleep after that.

I feel scared to fall asleep sometimes; I don't like to see the repeated memories of my parents' unfortunate death on repeat in my dreams.

Tessa opened the door and walked inside with a glass of water. "Again?" She asked. I hummed taking the water and gulping it down, I leaned my back on the headboard of the bed.
"I am tired of the same routine, Tess." I whispered.

She sat down beside me and sighed. "Go back to sleep. I'll stay with you." She assured rubbing my hand. I just shook my head. "No, I don't want to sleep. I cannot bear seeing the flashbacks repeatedly. I'll just cook breakfast."

"Are you insane?" She glared. "Go back to sleep!" I flinched. "Now!"

"Jeez, okay!" I surrendered my hands in defeat. I lied down and she draped the cozy blanket over me.
"Now, don't you dare wake up till 7 a.m." She ordered and I nodded like an obedient child. She sat moved closer and began patting my head. I don't even know how and when I fell asleep.

~~~

I woke up with the sound of Tessa's blow drier. Sighing I sat upright.

Today is my first day of senior year. I am graduating early. Every year, there are a few applicants and students selected through tests and previous scores that I have graduated early and even being transferred from NYU to Columbia University for my masters, I still got that privilege and a scholarship.

I stretched my arms and legs with a smile and got up. Tying my long brown hair in a messy bun, I stepped into bathroom and brushed my teeth, did my toilet business and took a hot shower. Wrapping a towel around myself, I chose an olive green dress that ends just a little above my knees and fitted my figure perfectly.

I might not be slim but I am curvy and I like it! Yes, I am a foodie. I never blow dry, I wiped them dry with another towel and pinned them. Walking out to the kitchen I prepared breakfast and took out the coffee Tess made.

I placed them on the table and Tessa walked in. "Smells so good." She moaned. I giggled.
"Start eating, I'll style my hair and come." I said. She nodded. I quickly gave my hair some beach waves and grabbed my comb and hair tie placing them in my bag. I grabbed my phone, put my keys, my wallet and put on my heels. Not that I need them, I am already tall.

I placed my gun in a holster and wrapped it around my upper thigh. Don't ask me why I have a gun.

I gathered everything and walked back to the kitchen, Tess served everything and we ate. I locked the door, we went into the car parking and drove to college. "Dan said he will meet us at Uni." Tess announced. I hummed in response.

"I have a mission tonight, so don't wait up for dinner." I told her. She muttered a fine and I parked the car. I got out and someone jumped to hug the life out of me. I gasped. "Dan!"

"Jeez, Isa bear! I missed you so much!" He said and pulled away.

"I missed you too, Dan." I smiled. He hugged Tessa and she smacked his ass winking. He blushed. Jesus, Dan is so cute. We walked in and he said, "Okay, Isa. Important shit, stay away from Sia. I don't want high school 2.0 here."