"I obviously only buy the pre rolls but yeah, it's pretty common to sell both." She shrugs.

"Okay." I reply, "where do you want to smoke then?" I ask.

She takes a moment to look around before deciding, "There." She points to a bus stop bench, "The busses don't run this late so we won't have to worry about that."

I agree and we both take a seat on the bench. She pulls her lighter out of her pocket and starts opening the jar.

"You want greens?" She tries handing me the joint and lighter.

I shake my head no, "it's your weed."

She shrugs before putting the filter up to her lips. She lights the other end of the stick before taking a long drag.

I wipe my lips dry in preparation, not wanting to slobber on the filter.

She finally exhales and begins coughing as she hands it over. I look around and scan my surroundings before taking a hit.

I suppress the coughs I feel before handing it back.

As Dakota takes her second hit, I can feel the affects of my first hit start to come in.

We pass the joint back and forth just talking about anything that comes to mind.

After we finish the first joint she puts the filter back into the jar. "I'll save the roach for later." She states.

"The what?" I was confused.

"The roach, the last of the weed left in the joint." She replies as if it was obvious.

"Oh." I state, "weird."

"Are you okay?" She asks.

I felt great. This closely resembled the feeling of being on that stage, but more calm. I felt amazing.

"Dude your eyes are super red." She states.

"Are they?" I reply.

"Yeah, here I got some eye drops you can use." She reached into her pocket before pulling out a small bottle and handing it to me.

"What if I fuck it up?" I ask as I use all my strength to twist off the cap.

"You won't." She reassures.

"I feel like I will." I reply before squeezing the bottle.

The droplet lands directly into my eye without issue, "or, I guess not." I say before squeezing a drop into my other eye.

I hand back the bottle to Dakota, "I should probably stay with you 'till you get home." She states.

"What?" I ask, "why?"

"I gotta make sure you make it home safe, you seem really high." She replies.

"No, no, no, I'm fine." I try to reassure.

"No you're not, I'll take you home." She insists.

"Okay." I give in even though I do not want to inconvenience her.

We got up and began walking to the train stop. I felt like I was walking in geometry. The statement alone made no sense but it perfectly described how I felt in the moment.

When we got on the train there was very few people on board. I spent the whole time staring out the window at nothing, it was all black.

When we got to my stop Dakota insisted on walking me all the way home. I did not really mind, I might have gotten lost, even though she definitely does not know where I live. It really is a good thing I was not too high to figure out how to get home.

I knew this area, I live here, yet, it all feels so unfamiliar. I feel like I have never seen these houses before in my life.

My house did not look like my house but I knew it was. "Okay." I state as we stand on the sidewalk Infront of my house, "this was fun, please text me so I know you made it back home safely."

"Okay, I will, make sure to be quiet when you get back inside." She reminds me.

"Yeah," I reply absent mindedly, "you should come over some time, in the day time, and like, meet my parents." I recommend.

"Invite me over tomorrow or something." She suggests.

"Okay, okay, bet." I reply.

"I'll add my dealer on your snap tomorrow." She adds.

"Okay, I'm tired, I'm gonna go inside." I state.

"Before you go," she reaches into her pocket, "take this," she hands me her stash jar.

"Oh, thank y." I reply as I take the jar from her.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" She asks.

"Yeah, tomorrow." I reply before heading back inside.

The house was oddly silent when I opened the door. No baby screaming anymore. This was very peaceful. I try to shut the door as quietly as possible before heading back up stairs.

My bedroom did not feel like my own, I know these are all my things, but I felt like I recognized nothing.

Seeing my friend was nice. Getting high with her was also nice. But I still felt empty. I felt like something was missing.

I missed my friends. I missed Johnnie.

Johnnie is not a person I've thought about in a while. I almost feel bad about it. He saved my life after all. He was my best friend on that tour.

Suddenly I felt guilty. Johnnie was my bestfriend for that entire summer and I have not even texted him. Not a hello, not a how are you. I completely shut him out of my life.

It hurt knowing he was all the way on the other side of the country.

I picked up my phone, disregarding the late time, and searched for his contact. Something I had not done in what felt like forever.

I didnt know what to say. Should I just say "hey"? Or maybe I should apologize for essentially going no contact on him.

I let out a deep sigh.

I typed out the word "hey".

I hesitated for a moment.

I hit send.

Nothing immediately happened but I felt anxious.

About thirty minutes later my phone vibrated.

"Hey" Johnnie actually responded.