21: Bakugo vs Uraraka

Comenzar desde el principio

"It was so scary..." Uraraka said, her soul not yet settled back in her body, "The round started, and the next moment there was a wall of ice an inch away from my face."

"You didn't get to see it, man," Kirishima said, "That iceberg was SO huge. Sero lost the round in less than 2 seconds."

"Why weren't you here, anyway?" Iida asked Izuku, "I didn't think you were hurt really bad from last round."

"I fainted," Izuku replied half-honestly. Right after realizing that All For One saw Blackwhip, he did faint, since he had the conversation in the spiritual realm of his quirk. "I guess using Blackwhip was a bit tiring for me."

"Blackwhip..." Bakugo said in a low growl, "Another secret."

"But seriously though, it's so dope!" Kirishima beamed, "it's gonna be an epic round, between you and Todoroki!"

Izuku smiled at the compliment and looked away.

•••

The door squeaked open and Uraraka watched as Midoriya and Iida walked in.

"How are the rounds going?" She asked with a weak smile.

"It's a stalemate between Kirishima and Tetsutetsu from class B right now," Midoriya replied, "How are you feeling?"

"Terrified," she said honestly, "nobody walks out unharmed from a fight with Bakugo."

"Surely Bakugo won't use the full might of his quirk on a female opponent?" Iida asked.

"He will." Midoriya said simply, then turned to Uraraka.

Her heart dropped at his expression. His bright green eyes were filled with concern.

"Kacchan won't back down, and you might get hurt," Midoriya said solemnly, "but just remember to keep going. You're much stronger than you realize. And I can speak for Kacchan, I know he respects you and sees you as a worthy opponent."

"Bakugo respects me?" Uraraka said incredulously.

"It's true," Midoriya nodded, "so show him what you got."

"I—" her words were cut off as the green-haired boy pulled her into a hug.

"Be careful, okay? You got this." He said and pulled away.

She felt her cheeks heat up at the brief embrace but nodded and gave the two boys in the room a big thumbs up. "Thanks, guys. I'll see you in the finals."

•••

She pressed her trembling fingers together.

"Release."

The audience roared in surprise as the rubble, previously floating high in the air unnoticed, rained down.

Bakugo didn't even flinch. The icy calmness that settled over him since the cavalry battle remained. He lifted his arm toward the sky and focused on the falling cement, then released his quirk to its full extent.

The force of the explosion blasted Uraraka away and she flew backward. Pain racked her body as she tumbled on the hard ground, bits and pieces of blasted rubble flying everywhere and whizzing past her. She felt the arena ground underneath her shake violently at the explosion, or maybe all the pain and exhaustion was making her hallucinate.

The rubble blasted away, and some pieces disintegrated into a shower of dust.

Uraraka was sprawled on the ground, her body aching as she struggled to move.

Bakugo stood calmly at his original position, eyes devoid of sympathy.

Throughout the entire round, she wasn't even able to touch him, let alone attack.