Chapter 49 - The Decline

This has become such a shit show.

    The original plan was for Yama, Akai, and Ki to all get out and go their separate ways. By now, Ki and Akai would be heading south. They know the right roads to take, places to avoid. All they needed to do was go. Yama had his plans too but now he has to put those off to the side.

     (Y/N) came back into the picture. Now things were different.

     Yama walked along a brick bridge overlooking a river. His breath hit the cold air while his long hair flowed in the wind. He stopped and rested himself against the brick rail of the bridge as he watched the water stream off into the distance.

      Back to the west was the King, he wasn't too far away. If Yama's brother and the dark one are planning to leave that old farm soon, they need to do it now while they have the time. But Yama still needed to help his friend. He can't take on those two by himself. And with Dog still being obedient to them, that'll possibly make it three opponents.

    If he acted now, he'll for sure fail. But playing the long game was doomed for failure too. Ki and Akai are still expecting him to leave since that was the plan. He can't keep making more excuses for why he was still here for much longer or else they'll grow suspicious. Maybe even more than they are now. If he doesn't intervene soon, they'll be long gone with (Y/N).

      For the little time he had, he needed to think up something. Anything.

     Yama huffed out a breath that fogged up into the air. He sat up and started following the link back to his brother. He at least needed to check up on her.

     (Y/N) carefully took steps forward, relying heavily on her sense of direction and Akai as well. The demon who was laid out on an old beaten up couch he had dragged up from downstairs and was watched as his girl stumble her way back to her chair. "Keep going straight. You're doing perfectly~."

      (Y/N) bit back an insult and followed his directing. She had to use the bathroom so Akai had untied her from the chair and let her go in a small closet at the back of the room. Instead of leading her himself, he thought it was funnier to watch her try to find her way herself while blindfolded and hands tied behind her back.

      The woman stopped and used her foot to feel for the chair. She was certain it should be near her, she counted her steps when she left it.

"Yea it's still up ahead. Keep going!" Akai snickered.

'He's obviously lying.' She thought. Instead, she turned and tried feeling for it some more, making the demon groan. "You were literally so close to it."

"I can tell you're lying, Akai." She grunted.

"Now why would you say that?~"

     She turned her head towards his voice and gave an unimpressed look.

"Unless you want to keep blindly stumbling around till you fall into the fire pit, be my guest." He kicked his legs onto some boxes and spread his arms out across the couch. "But your chair is literally right there to the left."

     The woman gritted her teeth. She turned to her left and moved her foot out to feel for it.

"Keep going~."

      Taking some more careful steps forwards and still not feeling the chair, she grew frustrated. "Akai, stop lyin-"

      She felt arms reach out and wrap around her waist before she was pulled into a hard chest and a frightened yelp escaped her lips.

      Akai pulled the woman onto his lap while snickering to himself and placed her between his legs. She tried to push herself away but he grabbed her neck and pulled her back down to him. "I didn't say you can leave~."