Chapter 45 - The Battle pt. 2

Violence Warning ⚠️
————————————————————————

     (Y/N) finally pushed herself up and limped over to Dog who was holding his ribs tightly. She grabbed onto his arm and tried pulling him up but he wouldn't budge. "Dog, let's go! Now"

"Just... run-" He coughed out. He was in too much pain to move. "I'll slow you down..."

"I'm not leaving you now let's-" But she couldn't finish as a loud roar erupted from the King followed by Ki's screeching and Akai's yell as the three demons began their battle. Two ex-scouts against the King.

      Ki teleported up into the air and appeared behind the King as he shot his claws and tail out into Zankoku's face and body. Latching onto him as he dug his teeth deep into Zankoku's neck. The King grabbed onto Ki's tail, despite impaling his hand into the spikes and ripped the demon off his body, and sent him flying into a wall. Akai creating a large fireball that burned the air around and sent it hurling into the King which exploded upon impact, leaving him with charred skin and clothes that sizzled away at his being. Dog had to quickly grab (Y/N) and shield her from the excess flames that spilled all around the room, leaving his spider legs and arm burned from the flames.

     Many of the demons began to back away and clear the room to give more space for their King to fight. Some climbed to the floors above, others grabbed onto the walls to get a good view, and those with wings or were able to hover themselves up into the air chose to watch from high above. Yama watched the fight continue and knew he had to get those two out of there before they were caught in the middle. He tossed his bag over his shoulders and shot his arms out towards the two. With his abilities he grabbed hold of the two and pulled his arms back into his chest, which sent (Y/N) and Dog sliding across the floor roughly and into the tarp covered hole in the wall. From there he quickly pushed past other demons and ran into the hole as well and away from the fight.

     Dog let (Y/N) go but stiffly moved his arm that got caught in the fire. He growled to himself as he tried to push himself up but (Y/N) stopped him from hurting himself. "Don't move, okay?"

"What were you thinking?!" Yama stomped up to the woman and hissed in her face. He was furious about what she did. The woman was asking to die by walking up to Zankoku and challenging him like he wasn't the strongest living thing in the entire building. "You can't go up to Zankoku the way you did! Are you trying to get killed?!"

"He would've killed Dog!"

"Worry about yourself! Aren't you trying to get back home to your family!"

"Yes but-"

"Then never pull a stunt like that again! All this work would've been for nothing if all Zankoku could've done was snatched you up and turned you right then and there! Then what do we do?!"

      The two breathed heavily as they both watched each other in anger. (Y/N) looked down to the injured demon and pointed at him. "I wasn't going to just leave and let that tyrant kill Dog because of me. If that was you up there I would've done the same!"

"If that was me up there I would've wanted you to run!" Yama growled. "This world is too fucking corrupt for you to be risking your life for others. That was a foolish move!"

"Aren't you risking yours for mine?" She silenced him there. "You're going against your King and your brother all for me. And while I am grateful for everything you've ever done for me, if it all meant your death I would just want you to save yourself. The last person YOU should be worried about is ME!"

      (Y/N) grabbed his arm and squeezed it tightly as she held Yama's eyes with hers. "Your my friend and the closest ally I have right now... And if you ever died trying to help me... I wouldn't forgive myself..."