As if he felt her eyes on him, he turned his head to face her, "Evening, Jade."

     She looked at him and noted how good he looked in the black turtleneck he was wearing.

     "Haven't talked to you since last Saturday, have I?" Jade said.

     Blaise also seemed to have been checking her out because he quickly looked up from her dress when she spoke. "It has been over a week. You're correct."

     "I bet you've been counting the days until you were graced with my presence once again," She said cheekily.

     "How'd you know?" Blaise laughed, playing along.

     Jade winked, "I have my ways."

     "That I'm sure you do," He said as she laughed.

     She felt Hermione nudge her in the ribs and smiled at Blaise before turning to face Hermione. "What?"

     Hermione looked at Cormac, who was serving himself a large plate, and then back at Jade, "This is absolute torture. He keeps trying to convince me he's a better keeper than Ron!"

     Jade tried to stifle a laugh, "Oh, Merlin."

     "It's not funny! However, you seem like you're enjoying yourself." Hermione said, lowering her voice.

     "What can I say? He does look rather good tonight," Jade mused, matching Hermione's low tone so nobody else could hear them.

     "Looks aside, do you really want to be chatting with Zabini?" Hermione asked her.

     Jade shrugged, "Daphne introduced us and we actually get along."

     Hermione looked over Jade's shoulder at Blaise who was now engaged in conversation with both Carrow twins. "He's one of them."

     "Don't tell me Harry's convinced you all Slytherins are Death Eaters," Jade said.

     "Godric, no, that's not what I mean. He's from a family of-" She defended.

     "Hermione, I'm one of them. I'm also from a rich pureblood, Slytherin-loving family. So what's your point?" Jade snapped.

     The girl must have seen the error in her logic because her eyes widened, "No, no, Jade. I didn't mean it like that. You're different."

     Jade scoffed, "So is Daph, except the only difference between us is she was sorted in a different house. The mould we're given doesn't craft us all the same. Who's to say Blaise isn't different either?"

     And with that, Jade turned her head around back to Blaise. She didn't mean to get so worked up over Hermione's comment, but it irked her that her friends sometimes forgot about the dark circumstances life had dealt her.

     "What were you and Granger whispering about?" Blaise asked her curiously.

     "Nosy, are you?" Jade said before eating a spoonful of mash.

     He smiled at her comment, "Just intrigued. Whatever it was about, it didn't look too friendly."

     Jade humorously narrowed her eyes at him, "Since when do you have eyes on the back of your head?"

     "Only when you're around, my dear," Blaise said light-heartedly.

     "Convenient, isn't it," She replied.

     Blaise's eyes twinkled, "Very."

     His flirtations sent warmth throughout her. It had been established that Blaise was handsome, but his banter made him much more attractive and promising of a good time. This was no declaration of feelings or any of that nonsense Jade abstained from, but she had to admit there was a slight crush there.

     "Where have you been all my life, Blaise Zabini," She joked.

     "The better question would be where have you been, Jade Rosier," He answered.

     Jade smirked, "Keeping my distance. You Slytherins are a mysterious bunch."

     He hummed, "Well, you Gryffindors are quite a handful, yet here we are."

     They finished eating while the flirty back and forth continued. Slughorn waved his hand, and the plates cleared and were replaced with dessert plates and multiple pies in the middle of the table.

     "Apple pie has got to be one of my favourites, eh! And you Gwenog?" Jade heard Slughorn roar.

     "Did you go to the last meeting?" Jade asked Blaise.

     "Unfortunately, yet you escaped somehow," He said while serving them both a slice of pie.

     "Thanks. Harry scheduled Quidditch practice that night, probably to get himself out of it, but I got lucky." Jade said.

     "Well, I'm appreciative there was no Gryffindor Quidditch practice this Monday night or else I wouldn't be talking to you," Blaise smirked.

     "Oh, shut it, you're such a smooth talker," Jade rolled her eyes.

     "Well, if I was such a smooth talker you would have accepted the offer of a drink at the Three Broomsticks," Blaise contemplated.

     Jade laughed, "Then I'll make sure to get that drink next time."

     "You better," He winked, laughing along with her.

     A few minutes later, Slughorn stood up, "Heavens! Look at the time! It's getting late. I wouldn't want any of you getting into trouble with Filch. Hurry on."

     They all stood up and said goodbye to Gwenog and their Potions professor.

     Slughorn ushered them to the door and watched as they all filed out of his office, "Goodbye! Bye-bye!"

     Jade walked with Blaise to the staircase that brought them back to their dorms. It conveniently connected the dungeons to the seventh floor and included an exit to the sixth floor.

     Hermione looked at her expectantly as she began going up the stairs back to Gryffindor tower. "I'll meet you back in the dorm," Jade told her, and Hermione reluctantly left.

     "I don't know if I've already told you, but you look stunning," Blaise told her, giving her a once-over.

     Jade blushed, "You don't look bad yourself, Zabini."

     He smiled at her. "Are you doing anything this upcoming Saturday?"

     "No, I've got nothing planned as of now," Jade said.

     "There's a Slytherin party in our common room that night if you'd like to be my date. Daph will be there," Blaise asked her.

     She deliberated whether it was a good idea to be at a party full of Slytherins who didn't like her but knowing her best friend and Blaise would be by her side reassured her.

     "Why not," Jade shrugged.

     Blaise smirked, "I'll pick you up at eight."

     Jade began to walk up the stairs and turned back at him, "Goodnight."

     He watched her retreating figure fade as she walked away from him. Jade Rosier will be the death of me, he thought.