Chapter 8

The days seemed somewhat repetitive, usually Red son would stay or visit Sandy while Mk tended to his job and training. As dull as the whole ordeal was, Red son behaved just as promised. He's managed to keep calm the entire time and that's quite the accomplishment for him! Usually, he found them all annoying and sees them as peasants like everyone else. Well, these peasants were his enemies; are his enemies! And yet they continue to nurse him in the Noodle boy's flat. He always found the predicament odd, and it never left his mind, surely it wasn't just out of kindness. No, it must've been something else! It had to! As much as the thought had continued to rack his brain, he couldn't come up with a possible answer. He'll just have to put a pin on that. Besides, that isn't why he was here in the first place. 

Red son has done his best to space himself from his fire, maybe it's just overheating? Maybe because of how much he's used his fire it's just overheating and beginning to malfunction- no... You aren't a robot, and Red son has been using it for hundreds of years! Why now would it suddenly start going haywire? At least Sandy has been helping, he's the one who cares about him: Besides the Noodle Boy and his parents. But the large, blue man has been giving him free therapy lessons and it's improved him and his anger issues, perhaps he should make him something as a 'Thank you' or something. The two have tried but they still can't find a plausible theory of his fire, they've found ways to control and contain it but that doesn't give them any answers. He just hopes he doesn't have an outburst in front of everyone, that's the one thing he knows.

Red son has also been keeping track of the days in his journal, making entries about anything important or interesting. And surprisingly enough, he's made more entries in the city than at home or anywhere else. And he's rather shocked how different the human world and society is from demon's that he's taken a fascination for it. The other day, Sandy showed him around the harbor and explore the ocean a bit. He's seen it before but he's learned so much! And M- The Noodle Boy gave him a small tour around the mall and went shopping together. He enjoyed his time there and he's glad he's gotten to expand his wardrobe. He's also tried some more noodles from Pigsy and he finds them very delicious, and while he ate he talked with Tang and told him stories of the past and cultures and whatnot. He hasn't gotten time to spend with the dragon girl yet, but from what he's heard, she's quite the obnoxious and playful girl, and not that different from the Noodle Boy. 

.....

I'm getting attached, aren't I? He thought.

And the answer was yes, of course, he was getting attached from how much fun he's been having. But that isn't his goal! His goal was to learn about his fire! About himself! Not about other people! Focus! Focus! Focus! That's what you have to do! He mentally yelled at himself, now he's getting agitated at himself. Gah! Why did I have to go to that park? Couldn't I have gone anywhere else!?  He wondered as his body fell onto the bed, himself and the pillows slightly bouncing before they settled. It's only been a week, and he was already becoming all soft and mushy around the group, he knows he can't let himself get vulnerable! He doesn't want to hurt the- himself... Great, now he's worried about them. This feeling was so foreign to Red son, he's never needed to worry about other people, and he is fully aware that his parents don't require such protection! Was he seriously thinking about protecting the noodle brains? 

Okay... How about we rewind and take a step back? Thought Red son, organizing all his thoughts together and composing his mind. He left and ran away from home because of his unique case, and ran over to the park. He went on that bench to relax and rest his legs, it wasn't like he was running away from anything. Then the Noodle boy saw him and offered something he couldn't refuse. That was the simple summary of what had happened but what was on his mind? Well, he certainly felt panicked about his choice, and a lot of doubt about his decisions. Those thoughts still continue to roam in his mind, but not as much. What was his thought process in the park? He felt at ease he could say the least, still not proud of it but he felt relieved that there certainly was no turning back. He doesn't know how to explain it but it felt nice knowing what is done is done. Now, what was flowing in his head when the hero showed up? A little embarrassed if he's gonna be honest, and never will he let himself be seen like that again! Red son is no bozo and refuses to look like one! A thought did cross his mind, and it was to get possible information from the group, and he certainly has! Just nothing that could be substantial of any kind.