Chapter 7

Dear Mother and Father,

I wish to stress that I will not be home in a while. My own power has been sheltered from me by you, which I find unfair. While I understand you want to protect, this is not the way, I need to learn more about this. No need to worry, I'll return once I've uncovered my fire powers and made a breakthrough. I promise to come back once I have developed my powers furthermore, and discover why such events have happened. 

Love,
Redson

The letter read it had been the day after Red's escape and Princess Iron Fan shortly found the note after waking up from her slumber. She had a hard time believing that Redson had left, he had always been so close-knit to them. Perhaps it was their fault, smothering him with worry, it must've overwhelmed their son. But she would never know, it did appear to be a short letter, and no matter how much she tried to read the rest of the letter, scribbles would constantly get in the way.
Now it was time for her to worry, it would go against Red son's wishes but he was her son! It's what parents do! Worry! How would my husband react to this? PIF thought, thankful that she hadn't shared the news just yet but knowing that she must. Their son had indeed left, and they had no idea how he was doing. He could be in danger for all they know! Perhaps she could find a spell! An epiphany! PIF was skilled in magic, she could find a spell to track him down and watch over him! 

...

Wouldn't that be an invasion of privacy though?

She thought, she didn't want to seem like she was intruding on his life, but it'd be for the best! If she uses this spell she can protect him. PIF hates to admit it but their son was a... Little pathetic and useless. Red son is arduous but hardly any of his schemes succeeded. PIF didn't have anybody to talk to, her husband was always a bit impulsive and she hadn't socialized with many outside of their domain. She raised her head, thoughts roamings freely around her head. Maybe just a small spell, she'll make it so that she can only view him, not interact with him. And it can only be temporary, nothing permanent! When the spell doesn't have to continue to be active, she'll disable it and let Red be the free bird that he wants to be. But then there's his fire... Now that, she should really bring it up to the table. At the time that Red son had erupted, his flames were blue. It reminded her of The Samadhi Fire, but that couldn't be possible, they were all separated into three rings. She may have not experienced the burns but she could faintly remember the feel of them, they held a different aura. That fire must be something different, perhaps something even before Samadhi. The theory had begun to rack her brain, with so many questions and no answer to any of them. She'll need to research more but her biggest concern is Red son, so she walked through their empire and made her way to her study, where she can perform magic and spells privately. 
The room was overlayed with black, soundproof walls made out of dense foam and materials, anything to block out any kind of interruptions. The floor was a frequently vacuumed carpet, a simple grey to match the room's dark tone. Candles were placed around the room, as well as lamps and lanterns, keeping its undertone aesthetic to compliment everything else. One might say the room looked almost cavernous, cave-like, or a nicely-fashioned void, a blank space.
PIF whipped out her staff, the wind beginning to form around her. A cool breeze to fit the cool grays and dark subsides. She moved her body in such rhythm that few would call it a dance, but it was just how the spell goes. As the demon continued to prance ever so lightly, she began to recite the spell.

"May these not be my only eyes,
To form a new pair of my own
Watch the one for I care,
Under my watchful two will I protect
To guide with my pupils."

The lights flickered as she repeated, shifting from dim to brightness. And a butterfly had begun to form, its wings lustrous of white and gold along with bits of red, the light reflecting upon it, making stars of light sparkle on the walls. Hard to believe that such a beautiful spell could be used for such evil, but that was not PIF's goal. She had twisted the incantation so that it can only protect and be watchful, not provoke and stalk. The wind began to calm down as the butterfly landed upon her staff, crawling and fluttering carefully, waiting for its command.
"Redson," she spoke, carrying the butterfly off towards a nearby window to let it fly freely, off to search for her lost son. Her heart was filled with hope, but what lingers on the other side of her, was a twisted acceptance, that their son could be in danger, perhaps another demon, his fire gotten to the best of him, or perhaps it had something to do with the Noodle boy...
But right now, she had to worry about bringing the news to her husband.

Author's Note

(Just gonna paste my community post since y'all probably won't read it)

I want to apologize for being so slow on A Colored Spark. And by any means is Chapter 7 long and worth the wait, I couldn't imagine myself saying something like that! It's literally 800 words or something and I find that incredibly disappointing.

Don't worry, Chapter 8 will probably be the longest chapter and be the most interesting! (Hopefully)

I think my biggest problem was that my schedule was fairly frequent. I post a chapter somewhere in noon and when I feel like it I post another one really early in the morning, and that process probably got me burnt out after a while. And my brain has been hyperfixated on tons of other topics except Spicynoodles or my fanfic. Hopefully I'll get that fixed and stop being distracted so much and wander off.