Chapter 6

The day had been rather uneventful, everyone seemed to pretend that everything is fine, like how Red son came by earlier today. Mk did his best not to think too much about it and continued his many deliveries, still struggling to keep an empty mindset. "Mk! I've got about 200 deliveries left! Get on it!" Pigsy commanded and Mk obliged like any loyal worker, he got the noodles and revved up his Tuktuk, making his way to his destinations. The city was lively as ever, with crowds of people populating the sidewalks and buildings and walking from street to street. The car rushed to their stop, parking lots filled with colored metal. Red, yellow, and green lights flash from above. "I swear, this is the perfect place to live," Mk exhaled, breathing in the urban air. He couldn't imagine anything better than this, I mean, this is his home and it's where he's spent most of his life in, his cherished memories here. A luminous green lightened up above him, and he pressed through and continued to drive to his destination. The day was mostly peaceful, but he guessed that having Red son in his room he shouldn't be so worried. No, he should be worried! What if Red son decides to escape? Wait, that wouldn't make much sense... Right? Mk thought, now he was beginning to second guess himself. Was it the right choice? Should he have let Red stay? 'But you hardly know anything!' Those words began to repeat themselves in Mk's head.
What don't I know?

Mk had delivered half of the noodles, beginning to get a little tired, but no! He must push through his sleepiness, for Pigsy! And he also needed to hurry up, the sooner he can check on Red! Now he's just realized how long he's left Red alone, he's so terrible! WAIT. Why am I so worried about him?? Mk began to wonder, he shouldn't be so nervous about the enemy. But the thing is... He wasn't worried that Red son would do something bad, he was worried that Red would get himself hurt or feel lonely. He was beginning to space out, why had Red son left? He didn't want to force it out of him and make him uncomfortable, but he really did want to know. He has fire abilities! I'm sure he can take care of himself! That's when Mk got another question, Red son hadn't used his fire the entire time, why? It's not like he could've lost them, he still felt the heat coming from him, when he held his hand it was a heated temperature, so why hasn't he flared up the entire time?

HONK!

"YOU'RE HOLDING UP THE LANE!" A lady screamed at him, startling him. He apologized and drove off, making his way to his destination. "Pigsy's Noodles!" He yelled out, it was a sketchy alleyway, "Anyone here?" He yelled again. Perhaps nobody is here... He thought, sighing, and began to walk off until he heard a creak from above, a window had opened. Some sort of contraption rolled out and lowered a plank down, like some kind of dumbwaiter... "Just put it there! The cash is already on the board," A voice said from the window, Mk found it all puzzling. "Uhm, okay?" He obliged and set the noodles down and took the cash. He looked up expectantly at the window, waiting for some kind of response but the window is simply closed. And so, Mk walked back to his Tuktuk and drove away to drop off more orders.

It was getting late already, he hadn't noticed the time until now, he's left Red son alone the entire time! "Woah, what's with the rush?" Tang asked, stopping Mk in his tracks. "Red son! I need to go see him and see if anything happened," Mk answered, he tried to leave but Tang simply tugged him back, "Why so worried? Don't tell me you've gone all soft on the demon," Tang said, making Mk all flustered. "I HAVEN'T GONE SOFT! I just- need to see if my apartment is fine or not!" Mk persisted, Tang smirked and let him go, "That's a weird nickname to call someone!" He chuckled as Mk ran upstairs.
As he ran up, he was totally expecting some bad to happen, like, what if Red managed to set a trap, or his flat is entirely trashed! -well, more trashed than it already is, he really should clean it up, but once he opened the door it seemed unnecessary, he totally wasn't expecting it to be clean, at all! It looks so much better than how he left it. "Did you do this?" Mk asked Red son. Red answered his question and admitted that he did indeed clean his flat.
Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea.

_______________________________

YUP, RUSHED AGAIN BAHAHAHA, SORRY IT'S SHORT. At least I snuck in a little spicynoodles moment there from Tang!