Connection | Jisung Fic # 1 (pt.1)

Start from the beginning

┈┈

Jisung instantly knew his soulmate had been confirmed when he started to hear a girl's voice in his head. His members may think he was silly, but he had been strangely interested in soulmate bonds for some time. He used to wonder if there truly could be a person out there for him.

Yes, he was young and had his whole career planned out. But sometimes being a k-pop idol could get a little lonely, even though he was in a group with so many members. Jisung longed to have some sort of contact with the outside world, which he seemed to have left once he became a trainee.

So when he discovered his soulmate did indeed exist, Jisung felt both excited and nervous. He was so curious about who you were and what you were like.

"Did you hear anything today?" Jaemin asked him, after dance practice one day. All his members had gathered around him.

The maknae shook his head in response. "Nothing yet."

"Have you gotten any clues of who she is exactly?" Renjun came over to sit next to him on the couch.

"It's kinda hard because they come so randomly," Jisung tried to explain. "And when I do hear them, it's all so vague."

Chenle, who stood behind him, leaned forward."Well, what do you know already?"

Jisung scratched his head, trying to recall. "She seems to study a lot, so she's probably in school. Oh and she likes going to bookstores or the library in her free time."

"Ah, so she's one of those people who actually read for fun," Haechan joked.

The boy shrugged, "I guess so."

"Interesting," Jeno mumbled. "Do you think she knows who you are?"

"I honestly have no idea," Jisung sighed in slight frustration. "This is all so weird."

He wished he had more clues about his soulmate. From what he's heard about her so far, she seemed like a nice person. But the longer time passed, the more discouraged Jisung felt about finding her.

┈┈

"(Y/n)-ah!" A friend approached your table, after entering the library. If you weren't studying in your dorm, your friends were sure to find you there.

You tore your attention away from your textbook and took one of your earbuds out.

"Oh, Seoyeon-ah."

"What song were you listening to?" She asked as she sat down in the empty chair beside you.

In response, you tapped on your phone to show her. The song was titled, "Dear DREAM."

Seoyeon gasped, "I didn't know you were into NCT Dream too!"

"Well, I only started listening to their music this month," You chuckled.

Truthfully, you had to thank your soulmate for getting you into the group. Before, the only music you listened to was by smaller Korean artists, not too much k-pop. But one day your soulmate was singing a lyric to a song you haven't heard before. Conveniently, you had looked it up and actually liked it. As a result, that took you down a whole rabbit hole of learning about the boy group.

"Who's your bias? Mine is Chenle," Seoyeon giggled.

You had to think about your friend's question for a bit. You've barely entered the fandom, so you weren't used to being asked about biases and stuff like that.

"I think I like Park Jisung," You answered slowly.

Seoyeon's head tilted slightly, "The maknae? Huh, I thought you'd go for someone like Jeno or Mark."

"I don't know," You shrugged. "I just feel like...there's this connection?"

"Ooh, does Kim (Y/n) finally have a crush on someone?" Your friend gave you a smug look. "Can't blame you, Jisung is pretty cute."

You blushed, wanting to defend yourself. But you weren't sure what else to say. Glancing back down at your phone, you saw the album that was playing which featured all the members. They were all pretty good-looking, but Jisung just stood out to you for a reason you didn't know.

Over the past few days, you watched some of their content videos. The guys were so funny and charismatic, that you found yourself laughing along with them at times. You would have to thank your soulmate for getting you into their music if you ever met him. Surely he must also be a fan if one of their songs was playing in his head.

Seoyeon gave you a nudge. "(Y/n)-ah, did you hear me?"

"Sorry, I must've been zoning out," You said with a sheepish smile. "What were you saying?"

"I have two tickets to NCT Dream's fan meeting next week. We should go together!"

Wow, that sounded like such a great opportunity. But you've never been to an event like that before. There would probably be crowds of fans, including screaming girls. You weren't sure if you were up for that.

"I don't know. Don't we have midterms next week?" You crossed your arms.

"Yeah, but the fan meeting is on a Friday. We'd be done with our exams by then," Seoyeon reasoned. "Come on (Y/n)-ah, you should do something fun instead of studying all day."

Well if she kept insisting, you didn't think it would be too bad if you went just once. Seoyeon squealed and hugged you when you finally gave in.

Next week couldn't come any faster. You were relieved to be over with mid-terms and looked forward to going to see NCT Dream with Seoyeon. Weirdly, you were a bit nervous about going. There was no explanation for it, maybe that's how most fans felt about meeting their favorite artists.

Luckily, Seoyeon talked most of the way there and told you what to expect. The feeling of being overwhelmed was quick to consume you when you guys entered the venue filled with so many other fans. Seoyeon had gotten pretty decent seats, where you were close to the stage. Just as you were trying to calm your nerves, several screams flooded your ears when the seven boys appeared.

Almost out of what seemed to be instinct, you looked to see your bias. Of course, it didn't take you too long to find him. You spotted the shy smile he often wore on camera, he was standing beside Jaemin. Unexpectedly, the boy's smile dropped when he looked at you.

You gasped when you felt a sudden jolt in your heart. It was almost as if you were struck by an arrow or something. Bewildered by this feeling, you placed a hand on your chest. But once the pain started, it quickly faded away.

"Are you okay, (Y/n)-ah?" Seoyeon put her hand on your shoulder.

"I—I'm fine," You huffed, feeling out of breath even though you hadn't done anything.

What is going on? Why does my heart feel so weird?

Startled by your soulmate's thoughts appearing out of nowhere, your eyes scattered among the crowd. Maybe you were in the same place and could feel each other's presence somehow. But there were mostly girls here and—

A mix of comprehension and fear filled inside of you. Jisung. You started to feel like this immediately after you saw each other.

That was when you dared to look back at him. His right hand was placed on his chest just as you were. He was staring at you intently, with the same look of disbelief.

"No way," You whispered, so only you could hear. This couldn't be possible...

Park Jisung was your soulmate?!

◦❀◦∘◦❀◦∘◦❀◦∘◦❀◦∘◦❀◦∘◦❀◦∘◦❀◦∘◦❀◦∘◦❀◦∘◦❀◦∘◦❀◦∘◦❀◦∘◦❀◦∘◦❀◦∘◦❀◦∘◦❀◦