Chpt 32: "You Won A Fight!"

Start from the beginning

"We've got company" he said. Steve and i helped the others onto the roof as we heard the doors open. Two men walked inside and began speaking Russian.

Once they left, we all hurriedly went down through the opening on the roof and put one of the glass tubes in-between the closing door. We began sliding under the door, one by one.

"Let's go! Come on!" Steve whispered. Once we all made it through, the tube broke causing all the green liquid to burn through the floor.

"And to think, i was contemplating drinking that" i mumbled. "Holy mother of god" Dustin said. We all turned around to see a hallway which continued on for miles and miles. "Well, i hope you guys are in good shape. I'm looking at you roast beef" Steve said patting Dustin on the shoulder.

"Why me?" Dustin questioned as i shrugged my shoulders. We walked for what felt like hours. "I mean, you have to admit, as a feat of engineering, this is pretty impressive" i said.

"What are you talking about? It's a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell" Steve said. "They're commies. You don't pay people, they cut corners!" Erica exclaimed.

"To be fair to our Russian comrades, i don't think this tunnel was designed for walking. I mean, think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo" Robin said.

"It all comes to the mall like any old delivery. And then they load it up onto trucks and nobody's the wiser." "You think they built this whole mall so they could transport that green poison?" Steve asked.

"I very seriously doubt it's as boring as poison. It's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something" i said. "God, you're all so nerdy it makes me physically ill" Erica said as she rolled her eyes.

"No, no, no, don't lump me in with them. Im not a nerd, all right?" Steve exclaimed. "Excuse me? How am i a nerd?" i snapped. "You read books and shit. That's like... Nerd 101" he said. "Why are you so sensitive Harrington? Scared you'll loose cool points to a 10 year old?" Robin teased.

"No... I'm just saying i don't know jack shit about permetheus" Steve said. "Permethium!" i exclaimed. "Jesus! Alright! Per... Meth... Whatever!"

"Look, what i was trying to say was, i'd say they are using this green liquid to power something" i said. "Like a nuclear weapon" Dustin said. "Totally."

"Walking towards a nuclear weapon. That's great" Steve said sarcastically. "But if they are building something, why here? Why Hawkins? I mean, we're a bathroom break to Disney land, if we're lucky!" Robin exclaimed.

Steve, Dustin and i stopped walking as Robin and Erica continued on. "You think the Russians know?" Dustin asked. "About the..." Steve said. "They could." "So it's connected?" i questioned. "Maybe" Dustin said. "But how?" Steve questioned.

"I don't know but it's possible." "I'm sorry, is there something you three would like to share with the class?" Robin questioned as she saw us whispering. We all stayed quiet.

Suddenly, we heard the walkie talkie begin to make noise. It was the Russians saying the Russian code once again. "Its the code" Robin said.

"Wherever that broadcast is coming from-" "Its close. And if there's one thing we know about that signal-" "It can reach the surface" Dustin said. "Let's go" Robin said as we all continued walking down the hall.

After walking and walking and walking, we finally reached the end of the hall. We all ducked behind the wall and peeked around the corner.