Chapter 18: The Day of the Festival

The sound of wood being hammered on can be heard from Iyashi's bed.
*pound pound pound
"Yo Iyashi wake up, the day is finally here." Hayai spoke through the firm wooden door.
*Snore
"Dammit Iyashi you slept late didn't ya."
*Snore
"Dobutsu you deal with this I need to get ready."
The pitter pattering of footsteps is heard throughout the hall as the students prepare for the sports festival. Some people having just barely woken up while others are already eating breakfast.
And in the case of Takasa and Shinobi, they both had to get there early to clean the entire arena as punishment.
Not only did students have to get ready for the festival but they also had to pack their bags as they were going to stay at their own place for about a week to make sure no breaches had occurred.
Iyashi still lying in bed was too busy sleeping to notice the fly that flew into his room.
It positioned itself over his bed as it transformed into a large cat and landed on Iyashi's stomach, much to his displeasure.
"Jesus Christ Dobutsu, do you ever knock I could've been-." Iyashi stopped himself before he finished the sentence.
"No no, finish that sentence for me."
"Get out." Iyashi said with a tone that made him sound like an angered parent.
Dobutsu left his room as Iyashi quickly ran down the hall to brush his teeth in the shared boys bathroom.
In short, it was a mess.
Everyone crowded around the sink to brush their teeth and wash their faces and there was a line of about 3 to go to the restroom.
"Bloody hell, is that axe body spray." Deyue said pinching his nose.
"The one and only, go ahead take in the fragrance." Taiyo said holding out his armpit directly in his face.
Downstairs most of the girls and only Yoso and Kessho were ready.
"Thank goodness we decided to wake up early." Yoso told Kessho.
"No kidding, sounds like a damn rave party up there." Kessho said as he ate what remained of his eggs.
"But were you guys serious when you said you only have one stall?" Juryoku said as she ate her toast.
Yoso responded, "We had four originally, up until Dobutsu claimed them as his, how do I put this, animal habitats."
"Oh god." Zeri said from across the table.
"Yeah taco night is not his best night." Kessho said.
Iyashi made his way through the mosh pit of boys as he got to a spot in the sink and started brushing his teeth.
"BLASTING BURRITO COMING THROUGH!" Dobutsu shouted as he pushed everyone out of the way as he made it to his 'animal habitats'.
Everyone then proceeded to run out of the restroom to the point where Iyashi was trampled over by his classmates.
"IYASHI LOOKOUT!" Moyasu said as he urged for Iyashi to get back up and out the door.
Zoka grabbed Iyashi's arm and shoved him through the door taking his spot in the process.
"Remember me men." Zoka said as he held his hand up in a salute.
Moyasu closed the door shut.
A rattle could be heard as the door shook.
Moyasu opened the door slowly as a foul odor made its way through the gap.
He clutched his nose and opened the entire door.
He saw Zoka on the floor cradling himself and what one could describe as the perfect mess was before them.
"I think we should all just change and never speak of this." Deyue suggested.
"I agree." Moyasu said as he shut the door.
And downstairs everyone heard in horror as Kessho took one final sip of his milk and said, "Yep, we made the right choice."
Eventually, and by that I mean 10 minutes later, everything got sorted out. Iyashi was able to change and eat his breakfast as he made his way to the buses while talking to Juryoku.
"Holy crap am I ready for this." Iyashi ecstatically said.
"Really, cuz for the past few minutes you've been holding my arm."
Iyashi's face turned into nothing more than two black dots and a mouth as he looked at his hand holding Juryoku's arm.
His face turned red immediately as he quickly moved his hand away. And Joey could be heard laughing a couple feet away from them.
Everyone made it to a shuttle bus that would take them to the main arena on the other side of the city.
On the bus both Takasa and Shinobi were found sleeping, completely exhausted as they had just finished their work at the arena and were allowed to go back to the dorms to get ready for the festival.
Dobutsu and Zoka tried pulling a wet willy prank on Shinobi which resulted in the two of them being choked until one of their faces turned purple.
The ride was a long two hours as along the way, students had to drop off their things at their houses. Iyashi had to get off along with Juryoku to drop his things off at her house. He walked in and she helped him set up, along with telling him where he would be sleeping for the week.
"Alright kids we're pulling up onto the stadium, take a good look at where you're gonna be at for the next 8 hours." The bus driver told them as the stadium could be seen in the distance.
"Make sure you've got your water bottles and everything you'll need for today."
Along with basic hydration, unexpectedly the students were allowed to use their hero costumes for the event, as how their principal put it.
"This will push the students to show their power doesn't derive solely from their tech and equipment. But rather from their own skills and abilities and how their outfits do not change who they are."
They pulled up to the massive stadium which could apparently seat 300,000 people at max capacity. While intimidated at first, everyone began to get more and more excited thinking about what's to come.
The students were dropped off at a private gate solely for the competitors. They then made their way to a holding room for class 1-A only.
The room was equipped with showers, dressing rooms and a small infirmary area.
They waited for about 30 minutes to be told to go to the main gate by 10 minutes in their standard UA gym uniforms.
With anxiety, nervousness, high hopes and an entire can of axe body spray that could be smelled from a mile away, they made their ways to the gate.
The gate was massive as it was essentially made to hold a thousand people. They underestimated the count for UA as there were roughly 1500 people. Everyone kept getting shoved around as people hurried to the front to be the first ones to enter the arena.
"Jeez, we might as well wait back here until they start moving." Kessho said to a downed Iyashi.
"Wow, a lot of people came to this event." Juryoku said.
"Not surprising, UA is a school like no other. There's thousands of classes and classrooms here." Shinobi said with a yawn.
"And among those, our class is essentially at the top, so 1-A basically gets targeted all the time. No one from class 1-A has won for the past 10 years." Joey said.
"I already spot some people eyeing us." Moyasu said.
"We can't let this get to us though, let's just get out there, and show them all why we deserve to be in this class." Iyashi said to them.
They all nodded their heads in agreement as with the announcement over an intercom everyone made their way out the gate.
As his class got closer and closer Iyashi stepped back a little, taking heavy breaths and sweating profusely.
"Don't tell me after that rallying speech you're just gonna go down like that." A voice from behind him said.
"Jikan?" Iyashi stated in utter confusion.
Jikan lightly pushed him forward as he stated.
"You've earned my respect Iyashi Tsuyoi, I can't be having you go down easy like that."
Jikan then moved him through the gate and out onto the arena.
The stadium looked big on the outside, but on the inside it was much larger.
There were 100 sections, each fitted to seat 3000 people. And that capacity amount was nearly reached for every one of them.
Inside the arena, a large field was laid out dead center as a track field circled its way around it. The students made their way onto the field as a massive stone platform was in the center of it, and standing on said platform was none other than retired hero Eraser head.
"This thing on? Alright let's get started."
"Welcome everyone to the 56th annual, UA sports festival."
To be continued...
Alou it is me again.
This is going to be the first proper arc one could say as I've had a crap ton of imagining for this sports festival.
It may last 10-15 chapters or possibly more so please bare with me throughout this long couple chapters.
That being said thank you all for reading up to this point and as always
GO BEYOND PLUS ULTRA