[SEASON 1] Chapter 12

Start from the beginning

"She talked about it to me. Where she's going and the like. On the first day the v-tuber was getting spammed constantly, I had texted Shion about teaching me the spell asap but she hasn't messaged me since which leads me to believe something has happened. She usually replies right away but more than a week has already passed after she told me she was in this island...If all ends well and we find her, she might teach me the spell if she wants."

"Hm... Idols like her are still in school. Alright, I can understand the situation now," I said. "Why don't we split ourselves to groups? Finding her would be easier that way. Since she's not a regular human, we might have to explore areas in special circumstances. I'll stick with Calli."

"I'm going with Watson then!" Gura volunteered.

"Let's be a duo, Ina!" Kiara cheered.

"Let's not forget the island isn't normal. Keep our heads up and only focus on finding Murasaki Shion. If you find her, text in the group chat immediately. Our fellow idol's crisis will be resolved today as fast as possible." Calli added as everyone agreed.

"Do we even have signal around here?" Gura asked.

Calli yanked at Amelia's collar as the detective didn't mind being dragged. "Watson. Do something about the service."

"I love being ragdolled, wait what- I mean I'm on it."

~*~

"I must've stepped on a poisonous lizard..." I could feel something squishy underneath.

It wasn't mud or a mushroom.

I craned my head towards Calli like how a rusted and broken doll would. My face was turning blue from all this. "I think it's a lizard..."

"Could be a Komodo Dragon..." she suggested, a 'tee-hee' escaping her lips. I shivered at the thought. Calli whistled and twirled her scythe with one finger. Unlike me who was being cautious with every step, she didn't fail to show her blatant disregard for any sort of danger. That was a given since life was supposed to be frightened of her. It worked the other way around. Meanwhile, I was trying my absolute hardest to remain composed. She laughed with delight at my wariness. "Calm down Clay, this is a short vacation. Want me to make you a garland?"

I think little spiky leaves were clinging onto my pants now. I was wearing a backpack behind me filled with food and extra clothes. I didn't know what kind of stuff we would be going into but since it was never normal with them, I decided to play safe and bring five shirts in case one of them get ripped apart. My tight-fitting black shirt and short pants made it easier to move around. If I came here in a suit, it would've been the funniest blunder Calli would witness.

"Hey, did you know that when a person's corpse is buried underground, Komodo Dragons would still eat it because of their willingness to eat anything?"

"We came here to fix your friend's back problem, not learn chalk facts about a lizard I'd rather not meet." Throughout the days, my conversations with Calli would tend to cross that border of friendship. You could say my efforts were lustrous when it came to forming a bond with her.

Forming cooperation within relationships were integral.

As we walked in a seemingly unending forest full of greenery, vines, and curious monkeys, me and Calli shared the same wavelength of wanting to interact.

"You wanna talk while we look for the witch?" I recommended.

"Unless you want me getting bored of all this greenery, talk away my assistant."