[SEASON 1] Chapter 11

Start from the beginning

Ina was insistent about it. She even made an oath. That may be a big deal then. "I will tell all of you when we are making our way to the island. Just don't laugh. There's a reason why I didn't tell the girls individually the why. I won't hear the end of it."

"Clay, you want to come along with us?" Calli suggested, strangling me with one arm placed around my shoulder, her forearm locking around my neck playfully. "A little island isn't going to do you harm and while we're there, we could also take pictures of good scenery and the girls. It's like a tropical getaway. What do you say?"

"You're just going to go along with it?" she nodded at me. Idols in Hololive were pretty simple but I gotta respect their willingness to help their fellow idols. "I'm definitely joining. I'm to follow you no matter what but the strange island's probably going to affect me more than you guys."

"Your well-being is safe in our hands."

~*~

CALLI'S POV

The Underworld made a lot of places on Earth look like they're microorganisms. The island in comparison was like a famous hub spot or an enclosed habitat for monsters, which wasn't saying a lot.

Ina didn't waste time and made a portal for us to go over the other side.

"So, what's your reason for helping Ina out?" I asked both Gura and Amelia. Their troublemaker-expressions were already in full-force. I was wondering what violation they were going to commit. Out of the five, these two were wild and uncontrollable when left to their own devices.

And Amelia was a human.

"It couldn't be because you're such Samaritans..." I remarked, making sure I brought my scythe with me. After summoning it in all its glory, I whisked it away to the wind as it disappeared for use later.

"Hey! We have hearts! Ina's our friend and we had nothing to do today!" Gura roared. "Besides, a little water's good for the body! I missed the sea! The seaaaa!" She was like a kid.

"I agree. Being inside the building for weeks and waking up in our houses was getting repetitive. A new change of pace is always welcome. Hanging out with you girls is always a treat." Amelia brought out her magnifying glass, surveying the coconut trees and anything else she could deem significant. "It gets pretty lonely sometimes. Before and after. I'm glad to be here."

"You only came to hang out, huh?" I whispered. Nevertheless, they offered assistance. I'm pretty happy we could still be complete like this.

"I wonder how my parents are doing in Atlantis?" Gura thought out-loud. "You think if I pay them a visit, they'll understand how great a shark I've become?"

"You don't need to do that. No matter what anyone else thinks, you'll always be great, Gura~" Kiara said. "Spending time with your family's important though! How long have you stayed away from your home?"

"Er... I'm not sure myself... It's been a long time?" Gura kicked a few stones on the sand, sending them miles away to another island. "I'm not that fond of my parents but my mother always accepted me for who I was. My father, on the other hand..." Her eyes were turning into lasers. She violently scratched her hair. "GAH!!! I still remember our last fight! Going back might be impossible, after all!"

"You should really visit soon. Even if your dad doesn't agree with your ideas, he's still family. I visit my home every month. Even as a baby bird back then, I really didn't miss a single family event!" Kusotori proudly declared.

I hand the Phoenix a hair tie. She looked like she could use it.

"Thanks, Calli! You want a chu~ for that?"

"No thanks. Keep your hands away from me..."

"Aww! No need to be shy! Just a lil' kiss on the cheek?"

"I see no need. How's visiting home then? Is it still peaceful?"

"Same old same old~" She didn't elaborate further.

Clay looked like he had a hard time trying to go through the portal. He wasn't on the island yet and the portal in front of us was like the huge opening of a cave. Ina was still on the other side trying to encourage him to enter while Kiara, Gura, Amelia and I were already afoot the island.

I could hear their conversation miles and miles away.

"Just take a deep breath and hoist yourself in~! Everyone did it."

Clay's voice made me chuckle. "Your portals almost caused gray hairs to appear on top of my head..." He was such a baby.

"I'm going to leave you behind if you're going to stall."

"Ladies first then. I'm not anyone special." He was ridiculous.

I pushed my hand inside the portal and grabbed his collar, yanked him by force and lo and behold, his face looked like a ghost.

"Hello there," I commented. His soul was going to leave his body any second. He looked really cute though. Like a lost lamb in a den filled with lions.

"Your hand scared me," he said, his face completely white from the shock.

"I have that effect." I joked, getting him to stand straight. "Are you alright? You know I'm always going to protect you if danger arises around here."

"I'm not complaining. You wanted me to join so I did. I'm not worried about the danger part." His soul was begging to come out because of the shock the portal gave him. "Let's take the stairs next time, Calli. I think I have to vomit..."

Ina was the last to come out of the portal and summon it into oblivion.

Now it was just us and the island's secrets.