[SEASON 1] Chapter 9

Start from the beginning

~*~

Today had been a normal day. Or should I say evening at this very moment.

I was done working for the day. Eating outside with my friends wasn't a common activeness I warmed up to. I'd greeted them farewell after a couple bites, wrote out the things Calli needed for tomorrow and planned to just kick back on my couch back at home. Relaxing was a blessing I relished. It was a treasure most people preferred when the pressure steadily rises to clash against their ambition.

Meanwhile, I'd use my time to relax sweetly since Calli's tall list of requests send me from place to place. They weren't superhuman demands anymore of which I was grateful for. In the course of our time together as boss and assistant, my bones became slightly sore. I hadn't hit the gym this week so I made a blank check to move around a lot tomorrow as compensation and eat with self-control.

Gradually, I could sense there was a spark happening in my relationship with Calli. Maybe I'd phrased that wrong. I could feel that things were going better between us. We'd severed our differences aside, learned to accept the other party, and reconciled to form cooperation.

Upon opening the door with a 192 encrusted nametag on its center, I was surprisingly met with Calli waiting for me inside, her back against the wall. A wide array of spider plants carefully placed themselves below her feet where she tapped her heel against the floorboards. Her cap covered her face.

"Calli-"

"I was wondering when you were getting home."

"Did I forget to give you something at work?" Being in the presence of an idol like Calli was nothing short of extravagant. But home and work were disparate. I wanted me time to happen too, no matter how beautiful or socially likeable she was. I racked my brain for anything I forgot until she invited herself inside deeper into my abode, surveying the furniture like they held the key to her answers. "I gave you a spare key for emergencies so I'm obliged to ask what I was supposed to do today given the standard necessities I'm to provide you for work hours. And so... what did I fail to accomplish?"

She waved her hand, motioning for me to come with her to the living room where my laptop sat on the table, a television, and a couch. It was standard but boring. Just the way I liked it. It was simple enough to navigate the area and I kept things trim and clean. On the west side was the restroom, the door half-opened.

"Did you use the toilet?" I asked.

"I was checking the place out. I must've forgotten to close the door. My bad." Calli directed herself towards the bathroom door, shutting it and returning back to me. There was something about her movements being graceful doing it. Her figure allured me for some reason like she was caught touching what wasn't hers. "Your dwelling isn't so bad. Could use some decor though. Want me to recommend a guy for it?" And there was her critic-mode resurging.

Allured? You must've been smoking crack, Clay. That's your boss right there. I've seen a lot of women behind bars who were fit and could pack a punch.

But none of them were Calli. And they could never be.

Just because her waist could easily be embraced or her legs went on for days-

I pinched myself.

"I'm also obliged to ask why you're here. I feel ins-"

"Why do I feel like I'm being interrogated?" She raised her hands up in surrender.

"-pired whenever I see you however the preseason for basketball is going to show up on TV and if I don't start cooking at the precise time I inputted onto my phone as a means to eat while watching, I fear missing a first-half filled with teamwork and passion."